Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 10 states with the highest and lowest credit scores

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

The 10 states with the highest and lowest credit scores

These are vantage scores, but they do give you an idea of what the geographical credit landscape might look like. Dang my states are near the bottom. 😭
Oh well, at least we rank near or the top of college football. 😂
https://www.cleveland.com/expo/news/erry-2018/07/238b39d5a62112/the-10-states-with-the-highest.html
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The 10 states with the highest and lowest credit scores

Gmood1 ... you can always move to the higher credit score state Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Gmood1 ... you can always move to the higher credit score state Smiley Frustrated

I'm guessing it's one of the states you're in Dinosaur? lol

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Funny you mentioned that ... yeah I specialize in precious metals and live by the Superior National Forest and large mining operations ... some might say the "outback" and woodyman might say something else Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Funny you mentioned that ... yeah I specialize in precious metals and live by the Superior National Forest and large mining operations ... some might say the "outback" and woodyman might say something else Smiley Wink

Oh wow! You're close to Canada. I'd freeze my southern butt off up there.😂

I have an old co-worker that moved to North Dakota to work for a mining company. 

Must be a lot of them up that way?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh wow! You're close to Canada. I'd freeze my southern butt off up there.😂

I have an old co-worker that moved to North Dakota to work for a mining company. 

Must be a lot of them up that way?

What's actually happening is the huge fight over the environment. We are sitting on significant deposits of gold, copper, silver, nickel, platinum. cadmium and palladium to name some minerals (iron ore since before 1885). A major copper mining company has been drilling and exploring in northern Minnesota going from Duluth, MN (Lake Superior) due west. It is said the largest deposits of these ores today (in the United States) lay in the very old mountains (what's left of them) west of Lake Superior. Problem is, the area is very pristine and the ores are known to create very hazardous waste (sulfates) which could easlily get away from the mining establishments and ruin forever the forest and lakes. Thus the challenges and battles. As it relates to North Dakota ... we are talking black gold (oil). Yeah the "outback" Smiley Indifferent Oh, your comment about climate ... hey 85 inches to 120 inches of snow ... yeah ... and weeks of -30 degrees F! This is not and area for the faint of heart!

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

It's not the size of your credit score that matters but the size of your FIcoSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 11
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Well looks like when I retire next year and move to either SC or Mississippi I'll be a superstar.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My state of NY is doing fine. LOL. Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I'm a super star with FICOs over 800 in a state which is one of the ten lowest. I always tried to be an achiever in the right direction.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.