tag
chhull00
Frequent Contributor
6 REPLIES 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Some Of you might find this helpful

An excellent read. I am astonished and dumbfounded that there are this many reporting agencies capturing every single facet of our lives. It’s surreal and actually kind of scary.

I almost passed on this because of the heading. I wish you could change the title so more MyFICOers were aware of its existence—something like “There are Eyes Everywhere”

Thanks for sharing.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 7
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Re: Some Of you might find this helpful

Just look at my signature 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: There are Eyes Everywhere

Appreciate the find! Great information. There are parts of this in various postings but so much in one place! Pursued an MIB report and got it in about seven days. Glad you posted the information! Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 7
trusty
Frequent Contributor

We need to enter a newer, safer era, where it becomes international law, that only official government agencies can compile and store personal information.

The first step though, would be that; profiting off of someone else's personal data, should require the express consent from - and requisite profit sharing with - the individuals whose data is accessed, anytime the data is accessed on a fee basis.

When it's not such a financial boon for companies (read: licensed pirates) to run around hawking other people's personals... then, it might become less prevalent.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trusty wrote:
We need to enter a newer, safer era, where it becomes international law, that only official government agencies can compile and store personal information.

The first step though, would be that; profiting off of someone else's personal data, should require the express consent from - and requisite profit sharing with - the individuals whose data is accessed, anytime the data is accessed on a fee basis.

When it's not such a financial boon for companies (read: licensed pirates) to run around hawking other people's personals... then, it might become less prevalent.

Great idea and insight Smiley LOL The idea of profit sharing!!!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, if companies like AT&T and the like had to pass on to "you", their revenue from selling your personal info. Then maybe they wouldn't be so quick to do so. It's gotten ridiculous on the amount of info that is collected and shared, mostly by Google, and how it's "supossedly" used.

I also can't say that allowing the Govt. exclusive access to it isn't any better. It should only be collected when absolutely need, and permission given only by the individual.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.