cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There are Eyes Everywhere

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Frequent Contributor

There are Eyes Everywhere

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Some Of you might find this helpful

An excellent read. I am astonished and dumbfounded that there are this many reporting agencies capturing every single facet of our lives. It’s surreal and actually kind of scary.

I almost passed on this because of the heading. I wish you could change the title so more MyFICOers were aware of its existence—something like “There are Eyes Everywhere”

Thanks for sharing.
GOALS: Garden til DEC 2020 and 800 Club

Scores
JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
APR 2019: EX 787, TU 789, EQ 781
JAN 2019: EX 794, TU 783, EQ 801
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnate $25K || NFCU CashRewards $20K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $15.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 2 of 7
Valued Contributor

Re: Some Of you might find this helpful

Just look at my signature 

Family Member made me an AU on: 2008 Sears MC $2,001, 2016 SEARS Store Card $2,001, 2011 Synchrony Home $5,500 , 2003 FNBO Visa $9,900, 2008 Macys Amex $1900, 2008 Kohls $2,000, 2008 JC Penny $4,500, 2016 TJX Mastercard $1,500, 2019 SDFCU PowerCash Visa $10,000, 2018 AAdvantage Aviator MC $5,600, 2018 HSN $4,500, and 2016 Local Credit Union Visa $5,000. Waiting on them to all report over the next month... Only Kohls is reporting so far... WITH AGE. They use AZEO method.

Member of:
Andrews FCU (Share), PENFED CU (Checking/Share), SDFCU (Share), Alliant CU (Checking/Share), NASA FCU (Share), NWFCU (Checking/Share), Ally Bank (Checking/Savings), BofA (Checking/Share), Navigant CU (Share), Greenwood CU (Share), Elements Financial CU (Share), Ocean State CU (Share), SDFCU (Share), Wells Fargo (Checking), RI Credit Union (Share), CashApp, PayPal Premier (for free direct deposit access with cash card), Paypal Business - Grandfathered 1.5% Cash Back on Biz Debit), Apple Pay Cash, and Venmo.

I WANT to join: Hanscom FCU (For the 2 day early direct deposit).

Burned:
DCU, NFCU, Comenity, Synchrony, Barclays, Discover, Amex, Webbank (Avant), Santander, Citi (Shell), DSNB (Macys), TDRCS (Target+Nordstrom), Capital One (Personal & Business, Kohls, and GM), CreditFirst(Firestone)
Message 3 of 7
Moderator Emeritus

Re: There are Eyes Everywhere

Appreciate the find! Great information. There are parts of this in various postings but so much in one place! Pursued an MIB report and got it in about seven days. Glad you posted the information! Smiley Surprised

Starting Score: 000 Fico
Current Score: 850 Fico EX08EQ08TU08
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
Frequent Contributor

We need to enter a newer, safer era, where it becomes international law, that only official government agencies can compile and store personal information.

The first step though, would be that; profiting off of someone else's personal data, should require the express consent from - and requisite profit sharing with - the individuals whose data is accessed, anytime the data is accessed on a fee basis.

When it's not such a financial boon for companies (read: licensed pirates) to run around hawking other people's personals... then, it might become less prevalent.

Message 5 of 7
Moderator Emeritus

@trusty wrote:
We need to enter a newer, safer era, where it becomes international law, that only official government agencies can compile and store personal information.

The first step though, would be that; profiting off of someone else's personal data, should require the express consent from - and requisite profit sharing with - the individuals whose data is accessed, anytime the data is accessed on a fee basis.

When it's not such a financial boon for companies (read: licensed pirates) to run around hawking other people's personals... then, it might become less prevalent.

Great idea and insight Smiley LOL The idea of profit sharing!!!

Starting Score: 000 Fico
Current Score: 850 Fico EX08EQ08TU08
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
Valued Contributor

Yeah, if companies like AT&T and the like had to pass on to "you", their revenue from selling your personal info. Then maybe they wouldn't be so quick to do so. It's gotten ridiculous on the amount of info that is collected and shared, mostly by Google, and how it's "supossedly" used.

I also can't say that allowing the Govt. exclusive access to it isn't any better. It should only be collected when absolutely need, and permission given only by the individual.

Message 7 of 7