Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Banks Rethink Social Media as a Threat, Not a Marketing Tool

tag
DONZI
Established Contributor

US Banks Rethink Social Media as a Threat, Not a Marketing Tool

By Reuters May 18, 2023, at 1:02 a.m.

..and elsewhere, Social Media Is Now a Financial WMD.

..yeah, okay. The internet has been around for a little while. So, for 20 or at least 10 years nobody in the bank biz thought beyond "this interwebs thing is really cool!" until now? I don't think so. (cough) Zelle, direct deposit, uh.. and more new ways to move money around fast.. Smells like hypocrisy to me. I can't wait to see how internet content and other data taught AI plays out.

Passing blame around isn't helpful. If there was stupidity, greed, complacency, etc. involved, oh well. Not crimes. If a crime was involved, serve justice. If nothing else, I can digest the take-away, express, vote, etc. how I wish in reaction if desired.

Luck is a funny thing, good or bad and culling the herd is a part of nature too..

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Banks Rethink Social Media as a Threat, Not a Marketing Tool

AI with auto generated social media integration is scary especially when biased on whatever side it is biased towards.  Sounds make/break especially publically traded companies.  Interesting times ahead.  No way to regulate it either as other countries simply won't so got to live somehow to learn to live with it.  More so than not also with social media and hem using it as marketing has backfired on many companies as recently so companies must rethink a tweet, etc before posting it at highest level of the companies vs. someone in say marketing.  Interesting times coming

Message 2 of 12
805orbust
Valued Contributor

...wondering how our post history here could be weaponized.  I had a moderator contact me once and he knew my first name... not cool.  I guess nothing is really private anywhere. 

Message 3 of 12
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

...wondering how our post history here could be weaponized.  I had a moderator contact me once and he knew my first name... not cool.  I guess nothing is really private anywhere. 

I agree 💯. That is why MyFICO.com account is under a different email address from the one I use here for this forum.

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 4 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

@805orbust Go to "My Settings" where you make siggy changes. Scroll all the way down. All the IP's you ever used. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 12
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1   Ugh... well there it is.  And NOT that I have a problem with you guys knowing my name, but mods having access to that!?  Whole different story.  Totally wish I had done what @Jeffster1 did... of course they probably know that one too but... layers.

Message 6 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

@FireMedic1   Ugh... well there it is.  And NOT that I have a problem with you guys knowing my name, but mods having access to that!?  Whole different story.  Totally wish I had done what @Jeffster1 did... of course they probably know that one too but... layers.

@805orbust No no no. I dont see anything but me. And the 25 IP's in my profile from computers I sit at 3 jobs to peek in. Smiley Very Happy

Your name could be Waldo for all I know.

Message 7 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

The volunteer moderators didn't have as much information as a lot of people believed.  Certainly some, but nothing product related, etc.  

Message 8 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@805orbust wrote:

@805orbust Go to "My Settings" where you make siggy changes. Scroll all the way down. All the IP's you ever used. Smiley Happy

My hundreds of VPN IP's are listedSmiley Happy

And as CreditCuriosity posted, I can confirm MOD's have very limited info.

A very old @Dinosaur once told me that.

Message 9 of 12
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Dang I've been asking y'all for the wrong advice all this time?  🤣

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.