Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Card Ulterior Motives

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uber Card Ulterior Motives

Unlike other travel companies, Uber’s immediate focus with this card isn’t locking you into its platform. Uber wants your restaurant spending data. They want to know which restaurants you visit, which cuisines and dishes you prefer, and how much you spend every time you visit.

https://blog.producthunt.com/ubers-credit-card-is-bankrupting-restaurants-and-it-s-all-your-fault-af...

Interesting claims in here...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Uber Card Ulterior Motives

All creditors use this data in some form or fasion. I don't think this should come as any surprise as data mining is a common practice.

Message 2 of 5
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Physh1 wrote:

All creditors use this data in some form or fasion. I don't think this should come as any surprise as data mining is a common practice.

Not only creditors - all those grocery club cards that save you money? They use them to data mine to know what you buy to temp you with coupons, etc. And the warehouse clubs, ditto.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just sounds like good bidness to me... playin' by the rules and nabbin' the fools (full disclosure: I applied - that 5% on restaurant purchases reeled me in ;-)
Message 4 of 5
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just sounds like good bidness to me... playin' by the rules and nabbin' the fools (full disclosure: I applied - that 5% on restaurant purchases reeled me in ;-)

I'm tempted... but I'm just not sure about applying for Barclays when I have four new cards this year already!  Although, it looks like its only 4% for restaurants...

I wish they hadn't gotten rid of the preapproval link!

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.