Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized Charges / Verizon Hacked

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unauthorized Charges / Verizon Hacked

Not sure if this is actually credit in the news, but Verizon was hacked and they claim no personal data was stolen, but the very next day I got 5 unauthorized charges on my capital one card that I had used to pay a bill at verizon last month.  Four charges at dollar shave club and some auto store.  Whats even more upsetting is that they posted the same day my statement cut so it jacked up my utilization to almost 50% and this is only my second month into my rebuild.  So infuriating.  Froze card, requested a new one, changed all my passwords.  Check your accounts just in case if you use verizon. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Re: Unauthorized Charges / Verizon Hacked

Just curious! Are you saying that you used a credit card to make payment on a Verizon bill? If so, did you make this payment online?

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unauthorized Charges / Verizon Hacked

Yes I did make it online. Capital one has been great and already reversed all the charges. I understand that Verizon is saying no info was stolen so maybe it was just an incredibly well timed coincidence.... just seems a little fishy to me.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.