Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Apple Card is now available to everyone in the US

tag
JaseT
Established Contributor

Update: Apple Card is now available to everyone in the US

• Apple Card relies on tech giant's Apple Pay service.
  • Users get 2 percent in cash back on Apple Pay transactions, 3 percent on purchases made directly through Apple, and 1 percent on purchases with a physical card.
  • The titanium, laser-etched card looks cool, but 1 percent cash-back isn't very high.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/25/apple-unveils-new-credit-card-the-apple-card.html

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 2 of 192
191 REPLIES 191
Gmood1
Super Contributor
Message 1 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Unveils new Apple Card

The race is on to see who will be the first MyFico’r to add this card to their collection.

Message 3 of 192
JaseT
Established Contributor

Still nothing on if Barclays will be keeping the Apple Rewards card. I've been keeping a $1k CL on mine just to see if it would be transfering over to Goldman Sachs. If it doesn't, I will close it and transfer the $1k over to my Uber card!

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 4 of 192
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

If my Barclaycard doesn't convert, I'll probably close it.  I think this is a cool replacement for the Barclaycard but not just to add. I don't think I'd have the need for both. 

Message 5 of 192
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I saw this on the Apple site. I likey..... lol that card is pretty attractive 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 192
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@pinkandgrey wrote:

I saw this on the Apple site. I likey..... lol that card is pretty attractive 

Grin, stay strong!

There may be a use case for the card depending how well Apple does in the streaming industry to say nothing of other subscription or capital expenses (I probably haven't bought my last laptop ever for example).

Day to day spending I can't see it cause even with Apple Pay I can get better rewards elsewhere for the majority of my spend, but it's an interesting evolution.

Then again I'm guilty of keeping my Zync around.

        
Message 7 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting fr the release Smiley Wink 

Message 8 of 192
firefox100
Valued Contributor

How long do you have the apple visa card? don't close it it will hurt the age of accounts. just keep it open.

Message 9 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not an Apple fangirl by any chance, but they do know good design.

Message 10 of 192
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.