Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Apple Card is now available to everyone in the US

tag
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Apple Card Details Leaked

@kdm31091 wrote:

Don't know why they'd bother making the physical card fancy if they're going to give you fewer rewards for actually using it.

Because marketing.  

It's metal -- thus making it superior to all plastic credit cards -- it doesn't come with an annual fee, it's super extra shiny, it's embossed, it's got an Apple on it... also, metal.  Apple wants Millenials and Gen Z to plug in even further to their ecosystem.  What better way than to create an unbreakable link between their tech and their financial lives?  You can't get the card without an iPhone and then you can't get rid of your iPhone without losing your card.  Take all that and sprinkle a little style and exclusivity on top?  Apple done rung the dinner bell.  It's really quite genius.  

I'm going to LOVE these 'I Got My Apple Card' threads when they start popping up.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 51 of 192
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Asilomar wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Don't know why they'd bother making the physical card fancy if they're going to give you fewer rewards for actually using it.

Because marketing.  

It's metal -- thus making it superior to all plastic credit cards -- it doesn't come with an annual fee, it's super extra shiny, it's embossed, it's got an Apple on it... also, metal.  Apple wants Millenials and Gen Z to plug in even further to their ecosystem.  What better way than to create an unbreakable link between their tech and their financial lives?  You can't get the card without an iPhone and then you can't get rid of your iPhone without losing your card.  Take all that and sprinkle a little style and exclusivity on top?  Apple done run the dinner bell.  It's really quite genius.  

I'm going to LOVE these 'I Got My Apple Card' threads when they start popping up.  

So true. I know the motives and I would still absolutely “fall for it” lol. I love Apple. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 52 of 192
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

So true. I know the motives and I would still absolutely “fall for it” lol. I love Apple. 

Yup yup.  

And that's another layer of genius:  iLemmings who are clear eyed and credit savvy and who know this card is total crap still won't be able to resist the siren song.  I'll see you in our 'I Just Got My Apple Card' threads.  😜

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 53 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Asilomar wrote:

Because marketing.  

It's metal -- thus making it superior to all plastic credit cards -- it doesn't come with an annual fee, it's super extra shiny, it's embossed, it's got an Apple on it... also, metal.

<wildlyHaphazardSpeculation>

Apple Card 2.0 will be made of Gorilla Glass. It will cost $99 to upgrade and have no additional benefits.

</wildlyHaphazardSpeculation>

Message 54 of 192
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

<wildlyHaphazardSpeculation>

Apple Card 2.0 will be made of Gorilla Glass. It will cost $99 to upgrade and have no additional benefits.

</wildlyHaphazardSpeculation>

I wouldn't call that wild or haphazard.  Clearly you are an Apple savant and can see into the future.  You'd better trademark this before LoveFrom Jony gets a hold of it.  

EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 55 of 192
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Message 56 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

So early to mid-August as I predicted when it was first announced. 

I have decided not to go for it though, gotta let my credit scores rebound from my recent seeking shenanigans and I am about to have a $2500 balance post on my new SavorOne. 

Message 57 of 192
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have decided not to go for it though, gotta let my credit scores rebound from my recent seeking shenanigans and I am about to have a $2500 balance post on my new SavorOne. 

Please help me not go for it either. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 58 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Please help me not go for it either. 

Freeze your credit reports. I find the hassle of filling out the form on EX gives me time to think about what I'm doing. 😂 

Message 59 of 192
wingennis
Valued Contributor

Apple Card

I don't have any intention of applying for this card but I"m curious about it and also need to kill credit time before I can app for the AR.  I wonder which credit bureau GS will use?  I read that they are going to have an AMEX-type plan it feature.  Probably not a bad card for new, college-age users?

Message 60 of 192
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.