Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Apple Card is now available to everyone in the US

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple card terms are out...

Even for Apple products, without AppleCare or some other perk included, you can get better deals on Amazon for anything except the iPhone (Amazon doesn’t carry them last I checked unless they are locked to Simple Mobile) and the choice between 5% cash back and 0% deferred financing on the Amazon cards makes them much better.

This card is for people who are either interested in the technology side, people who use Apple Pay everywhere, and people who don’t care about rewards but love Apple products.
Message 91 of 192
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Apple cards terms are out...

@NRB525 wrote:

@Wrigley2172 wrote:
I feel the start of a joke coming on.... two people, one with luxury gold one with apple card walk into a bar....

... and the bar takes Apple Pay cash only

FTFY

Message 92 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyFault wrote:
I utilize Google services, vs Apple. But the problem with not using Apple Pay is the same as why i don't use Google Pay very often.

It's because not that many merchants accept it yet. As soon as you have all the merchants that accept a standard credit/debit card, accepting Google/Apple Pay then you'll have more people using the service.

I'm not sure about that. Otherwise, I would expect a lot more people to be using Samsung Pay (which does MST for terminals without NFC)--which doesn't seem to have happened either.

Regardless, I might be down for a Google credit card as an Android user if it gave me bonus points for using Google Pay.

Message 93 of 192
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyFault wrote:
I utilize Google services, vs Apple. But the problem with not using Apple Pay is the same as why i don't use Google Pay very often.

It's because not that many merchants accept it yet. As soon as you have all the merchants that accept a standard credit/debit card, accepting Google/Apple Pay then you'll have more people using the service.

I'm not sure about that. Otherwise, I would expect a lot more people to be using Samsung Pay (which does MST for terminals without NFC)--which doesn't seem to have happened either.

Regardless, I might be down for a Google credit card as an Android user if it gave me bonus points for using Google Pay.

Yes, I agree, part of it at least seems to be choice/awareness or something.   All of the supermarkets I go to accept AP/GP/SP but I see the vast majority of people still using credit cards (and not contactless at that!)   Since most seem to be carrying phones, it's either choice not to do so (perhaps switching to a phone seems slower or less easy than just pulling out a credit card as the Good Lord intended) or they don't know you can use mobile wallet) or both.

In the UK in contrast, I saw almost everyone using contactless or phones.

Message 94 of 192
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Apple Unveils new Apple Card

@Anonymous wrote:
U gonna jump on it ? Im a fan

I don’t know, I don’t know..... lol I’m such an Apple junkie but I’ve been trying to garden these past 5 months. SEND HELP

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 95 of 192
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

Too much hype over, what to us is, a mediocre card. This isn't a card aimed at our demographic, and it will be popular for those that qualify for it. 🤷

It’s aimed at MY demographic lol. Silly millenials who would do anything to have the latest piece of Apple gold. It’s gonna be a struggle not to take this one....

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 96 of 192
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

Too much hype over, what to us is, a mediocre card. This isn't a card aimed at our demographic, and it will be popular for those that qualify for it. 🤷

It’s aimed at MY demographic lol. Silly millenials who would do anything to have the latest piece of Apple gold. It’s gonna be a struggle not to take this one....

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 97 of 192
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Re: Apple Unveils new Apple Card

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
U gonna jump on it ? Im a fan

I don’t know, I don’t know..... lol I’m such an Apple junkie but I’ve been trying to garden these past 5 months. SEND HELP

I’m trying to resist the urge to, as I’m definitely gardening until September 30th for sure, maybe longer. But yes, it’s very hard to resist because it’s Apple.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 98 of 192
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

I have to admit, I am surprised at the MyFico disdain - almost venom- toward this credit card. 

Although it is not the best rewards card, it is not trying to be.

For a no annual fee card that is not even released, it sure is getting a lot of criticism.   I welcome new products in the credit market, and think it has the chance to be succesful.  It also has a chance to provide some lessons learned, mature, change.

On a personal note, I am glad that as a person with marginal credit, it may provide value to me as I rebuild my credit profile.   

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 99 of 192
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@BallBounces wrote:

I have to admit, I am surprised at the MyFico disdain - almost venom- toward this credit card. 

Although it is not the best rewards card, it is not trying to be.

For a no annual fee card that is not even released, it sure is getting a lot of criticism.   I welcome new products in the credit market, and think it has the chance to be succesful.  It also has a chance to provide some lessons learned, mature, change.

On a personal note, I am glad that as a person with marginal credit, it may provide value to me as I rebuild my credit profile.   

Are we reading the same posts? I didn't see that much disdain. I'll go back and check; it's possible I missed something.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 100 of 192
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.