Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Apple Card is now available to everyone in the US

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goldman Sachs - Apple Card Lender DPs

it would be great if another apple device could be used outside of an iphone, my parents have iphone 5s and can’t sign up through a wallet app. other options outside of using the iphone maybe the ipad or mac?

Message 171 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

it would be great if another apple device could be used outside of an iphone, my parents have iphone 5s and can’t sign up through a wallet app. other options outside of using the iphone maybe the ipad or mac?

It's meant to be used primarily on the phone or watch, so there's no point in letting people sign up on other devices where they could only use a card. Also, there are far, far more iphones out there than Macs or iPads - there are relatively few people who'd have a currentt one but don't have an iPhone.

Message 172 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Unveils new Apple Card

Check out this Apple support document: "How your Apple Card application is evaluated".

It mentions FICO 9: "Goldman Sachs uses TransUnion and other credit bureaus to evaluate your Apple Card application. If your credit score is low (for example, if your FICO9 score is lower than 600), Goldman Sachs may not be able to approve your Apple Card application."

And maybe they really do pull a Chex Systems report (listed under reasons for denial): "Your checking account was closed by a bank (for example, due to repeatedly spending more than your available account balance)."

Message 173 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

The confirmed sources are TransUnion, SageStream, CoreLogic, Chex, and Equifax.

Yes, people are getting denied because they changed their phone number thanks to SageStream...
Message 174 of 192
firefox100
Valued Contributor

just pist of at the GS and Apple because I think I should had gotten intrest rate at lower end, may try again couple of months.

Message 175 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose. It would have been nice to have a promo no interest period as well similar to Barclaycard with Apple Rewards.
Message 176 of 192
firefox100
Valued Contributor

again lets try this, I am not happy with Apple card pist off. With scores over 800 and total out standing balance less then my total credit lines and never been late and have been at present address for over 50 years. Also have never over drawn my checking accounts and have same banks for over 15 years. I should had gotten better intrest rate then 17.99 percent cl over what I got from Gs. My income is 75K. I have better cards with much better intrest rates. Spoke to Gs again and got no wher with them, was told same BS you will need to look at my credit report. May be thay are picking something up that happen over 20 years ago. Did not except apple card at this time will try again in couple of months. Rebuilding your credit and getting score over 800 and have low ulitization around 2 percent and doing every thing right is not good enough for GS.

Message 177 of 192
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

, I was approved for an Apple Card using ONLY an iPad!  I don't own an iPhone.  Here is the link to my Approval details:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/No-iPhone-Just-iPad-ONLY-Gets-an-Apple-Card-for-6-000/td-p/5708136

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 178 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The confirmed sources are TransUnion, SageStream, CoreLogic, Chex, and Equifax.

Yes, people are getting denied because they changed their phone number thanks to SageStream...

Way to bring more attention to yourself, SageStream!

I can't wait for "I'm the CEO of SageStream...AMA!", completely run by a good PR firm, of course. "Can we just stick to Rampart?"

Message 179 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

So any good reports regarding approvals on this card? Most of the topics in the Approval/App section seem to be from people who are denied or unhappy with the CL or APR. 

Is the low number of approval threads due to it being invite only? I only received an invite once I updated my iphone.

Message 180 of 192
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.