Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Apple Card is now available to everyone in the US

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Unveils new Apple Card

@firefox100 wrote:

invite for tthe card. I could not help my self so I went to apple wallet and put my info in incom of 75K and last 4 of social number. It came back with a credit line of 8500 an intrest rate of 17.9 percent. I called Golden sachs and spoke to customer service thay don't know any thing. Thay took down my phone nnumber and some one will about my terms on account. I did not accept at this time have thirty days to make mind. What would you guys do. It gave me my score from Trans union of 818, I don't know what score thay are using. With score over 800 and total cl of 134.5K total balance of 2 percet out standing about 2Kk and no lates also have 27K most of my card have cl of lest 12K should get better terms then this.

Message 151 of 192
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

invite for tthe card. I could not help my self so I went to apple wallet and put my info in incom of 75K and last 4 of social number. It came back with a credit line of 8500 an intrest rate of 17.9 percent. I called Golden sachs and spoke to customer service thay don't know any thing. Thay took down my phone nnumber and some one will about my terms on account. I did not accept at this time have thirty days to make mind. What would you guys do. It gave me my score from Trans union of 818, I don't know what score thay are using. With score over 800 and total cl of 134.5K total balance of 2 percet out standing about 2Kk and no lates also have 27K most of my card have cl of lest 12K should get better terms then this.

Unfortunately, from other posts on here, it seems they’re stuck on 17.99% for 800-818 scores. I think there was a 838 for a lower APR but I’ve had a margherita so I’m not 100% sure. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 152 of 192
firefox100
Valued Contributor

hi again This is why I think the apple card is bs thay said this card was going to have lower rate if you can't get great rate with score over 800 and no lates and good income then what kind of card is the Apple card, Tim was bs the public I may get rid of my apple. Thay are going to tern off lot good customers. I hope that Golden Sachs has recon line. Most of my cards have lower rate then what Apple is giving me. If this what Apple card is going to be for customer with fico score over 800 then it is going to hurt Apple. What wouwould do pass on this card. Just for info my Discover card has cl of 27k and my BOA mastercard has cl of 15K and both cards have intrest rate around 14 percent.

Message 153 of 192
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

hi again This is why I think the apple card is bs thay said this card was going to have lower rate if you can't get great rate with score over 800 and no lates and good income then what kind of card is the Apple card, Tim was bs the public I may get rid of my apple. Thay are going to tern off lot good customers. I hope that Golden Sachs has recon line. Most of my cards have lower rate then what Apple is giving me. If this what Apple card is going to be for customer with fico score over 800 then it is going to hurt Apple. What wouwould do pass on this card. Just for info my Discover card has cl of 27k and my BOA mastercard has cl of 15K and both cards have intrest rate around 14 percent.

Honestly, I dont think Apple/GS are going to turn customers off because a lot of us PIF so interest rates don't matter. And to counteract that, one can always charge an expensive Apple product on the iphone for the 3% discount and then just do a BT to a 0% APR card if they need time to pay it off. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 154 of 192
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Hi again show me a 0 percent card with no balance transfer fee. Second I don't like to be bs thay said this was going to be better card lower rates and no over limit fees my uber card has no over limit fees and if you are late once most cards are going to wave late fee for first time. The public does not like to be Bs.

Message 155 of 192
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Hi again show me a 0 percent card with no balance transfer fee. Second I don't like to be bs thay said this was going to be better card lower rates and no over limit fees my uber card has no over limit fees and if you are late once most cards are going to wave late fee for first time. The public does not like to be Bs.

Some friendly (seriously!) advice: Take a few deep breaths and step away from the screen.  There are better things to get passionate about than a credit card in which you don't personally see value.

For folks looking for 0% APR introductory periods ... this card isn't for them.  For folks looking to maximize travel rewards ... this card isn't for them.   For folks looking to maximize category cash back ... this card isn't for them.   For folks looking for tight Apple integration and some novel approaches to consumer credit, the Apple Card is for them.  It's ok that you are going to pass on it;  but it doesn't make it "Bs".

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 156 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

@firefox100 wrote:

Cards that charge no fees always have high APRs. I mean this card doesn’t even have a late fee. If you don’t want to be charged interest, don’t carry a balance. 

Nobody has been misled. In fact, the simple fact you can check your terms before you take the hard pull in itself is something nobody else does. Once you submit any other credit card application, you’re going to be approved or denied regardless of the terms they offer you. Apple shows you your limit and APR and gives you the option to accept or decline. 

Who knows, maybe those of us who decline the offer will get the pot sweetened as we check back every month or so?

As for the BT Card, NFCU Platinum. 

Message 157 of 192
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@firefox100 wrote:

Cards that charge no fees always have high APRs. I mean this card doesn’t even have a late fee. If you don’t want to be charged interest, don’t carry a balance. 

Nobody has been misled. In fact, the simple fact you can check your terms before you take the hard pull in itself is something nobody else does. Once you submit any other credit card application, you’re going to be approved or denied regardless of the terms they offer you. Apple shows you your limit and APR and gives you the option to accept or decline. 

Who knows, maybe those of us who decline the offer will get the pot sweetened as we check back every month or so?

As for the BT Card, NFCU Platinum. 

Hear! Hear!

Message 158 of 192
firefox100
Valued Contributor

We are all passionate about credit and credit cards we spend time on Fico credit board talking about credit and all things to do with credit. I don't like false advertising ther rule about false advertising. When Apple announce this card back in March they said the interest rate would be lowest among all the credit cards on market, 13.5 24 percent depending on your credit standing. With credit scores around 800 and no lates and no marks on credit reports, then I should got an interest rate at lower end. Ther are other credit companys out that give pre approval with a hard pull such as Capital One. I can talk about the credit card that apple is putting out. Just my opinion about the apple card.

Message 159 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

@firefox100 wrote:

We are all passionate about credit and credit cards we spend time on Fico credit board talking about credit and all things to do with credit. I don't like false advertising ther rule about false advertising. When Apple announce this card back in March they said the interest rate would be lowest among all the credit cards on market, 13.5 24 percent depending on your credit standing. With credit scores around 800 and no lates and no marks on credit reports, then I should got an interest rate at lower end. Ther are other credit companys out that give pre approval with a hard pull such as Capital One. I can talk about the credit card that apple is putting out. Just my opinion about the apple card.

You keep asking Apple out on a date but clearly they are not in to you. Earlier in the thread you expressed interest in a card with 0% rate and no balance transfer fees. Might I suggest BECU.

They have two cards. Both 0% for 12 months and no balance transfer fees. One has 1.5% cash back and the other has 9% on going APR.

Message 160 of 192
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.