Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Apple Card is now available to everyone in the US

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: New Apple Card Details Leaked

It will be interesting to see what type of starting CL’s they give...
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 41 of 192
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Apple crowd here. The temptation is going to be REAL once this card comes out. I’m a full-on Apple groupie, and I won’t EVER switch to Android. (I tried that once. Never again.) 

I'm also Team Apple -- I've got an iMac, an iPhone, a Watch, an iPad, a HomePod and an iPod on which to play my Apple Music subscription, an Apple TV that will eventually house Apple TV+, some Air Pods...  well, you get the picture.

But even as much of an iLemming as I am, I'm even more of a credit card pragmatist.  I see reasons why certain demographics might want or benefit from this card, but in terms of sheer What Have You Done for Me Lately-ness, it's a dud.  I doubt Goldmach Sachs, underwriting virgin that they are, will offer much in the way of starting credit limits.  Even if they did, without the reach arounds of SUBs, intro APR offers, balance transfer offers, or even comp'ing Apple Care, it's nothing but fluff in a shiny package.  Besides, I pay with Apple Pay 75% of the places I go so with my fancy card buried firmly in my wallet how will anyone ever know how cool I am??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 42 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Well, 12.4 came out today. How long until it’s released I wonder.....

We had an Apple employee on the iOS Beta subreddit mention it's still in employee testing. They wouldn't give any details though. It has to be coming soon, I'm still betting early to mid-August. 

Message 43 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless the card is shaped like an apple, I probably don't need it. 

Message 44 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless the card is shaped like an apple, I probably don't need it. 

Let's face it -- nobody *needs* this card. Doesn't mean we don't want it though!

Message 45 of 192
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Asilomar wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Apple crowd here. The temptation is going to be REAL once this card comes out. I’m a full-on Apple groupie, and I won’t EVER switch to Android. (I tried that once. Never again.) 

I'm also Team Apple -- I've got an iMac, an iPhone, a Watch, an iPad, a HomePod and an iPod on which to play my Apple Music subscription, an Apple TV that will eventually house Apple TV+, some Air Pods...  well, you get the picture.

But even as much of an iLemming as I am, I'm even more of a credit card pragmatist.  I see reasons why certain demographics might want or benefit from this card, but in terms of sheer What Have You Done for Me Lately-ness, it's a dud.  I doubt Goldmach Sachs, underwriting virgin that they are, will offer much in the way of starting credit limits.  Even if they did, without the reach arounds of SUBs, intro APR offers, balance transfer offers, or even comp'ing Apple Care, it's nothing but fluff in a shiny package.  Besides, I pay with Apple Pay 75% of the places I go so with my fancy card buried firmly in my wallet how will anyone ever know how cool I am??

iLemming may be the best new word I’ve heard, and I WILL begin incorporating it into everyday conversation. It’s true—no one will know that you are dang cool lol 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 46 of 192
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

LoL... Good one!!! 🤣
“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 47 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious what the upgrade path is going to look like on these cards, will it say like in the UI that in 3 more months you will get a CL increase or do people think it'll be more like a traditional card that you have to still apply for CL upgrades?

Message 48 of 192
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Asilomar wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Beyond that, you only get 1% for using the physical card. Don't know why they'd bother making the physical card fancy if they're going to give you fewer rewards for actually using it.

Among rewards card this one is average at best and certainly nothing super exciting. I like Apple for the most part. I have an iPhone and Apple Watch. But this card just doesn't offer enough perks not found on others.

Message 49 of 192
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

It’s true—no one will know that you are dang cool lol 

Well, no one except everyone at MyFico...  🤪

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 50 of 192
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.