Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Barneys, Global Symbol of Creative Cool, Files for BK

tag
tacpoly
Established Contributor

Re: Barneys the latest dinosaur of retail sector to explore bankruptcy

@Anonymous wrote:

No even with Zuckerberg's stash I would still view it as a giant waste of money.  I'm really frugal in that regard and would probably have a lifestyle similar to Sam Walton if I ever had billions.  I know I'm the anomaly in this situation and a lot of people would go out and buy ferarris, mansions, yachts, etc if they have the money and honestly I'd wish them the best.  However I literally can not imagine a scenario outside of what is currently science fiction where spending $300 for a tshirt would make sense.  If it was made out of a material stronger then kevalr that could stop knife attacks and small rounds then I could see paying $300 for the Tshirt because something like that would make sense for Zuckerberg and be about the cost of a basic kevlar vest.    

Well, maybe you will be that rare person who wouldn't spend his money.  But like I've said before, I've seen people become millionaires in front of my eyes and with the exception of 2 people, everyone upped their spend -- even the ones that were shocked (shocked!) at another co-worker's expensive items (and I heard from them exactly what you've written  Smiley LOL).  Co-workers would go to lunch and come back with a new expensive car.  

Money is a drug; it goes to your head and eventually changes your perception.  Look at Sam Walton's kids -- where did they learn to spend and live like that; presumably not from their famously frugal father.  

Message 21 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Update: Barneys, Global Symbol of Creative Cool, Files for BK

Barneys NY, the department store chain that once defined a certain Manhattan creative cool, confirmed weeks of speculation by announcing at midnight on Monday that it was seeking bankruptcy protection in order to restructure its business and pursue a sale.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/06/business/barneys-new-york-bankruptcy.html

Message 22 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Barney's files for BK

Offically happened..  Not persay CIN, but people with said CC could be losing it soon..  This one will fall alot quicker than the dieing sears/jcpenny imo..

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/as-barneys-files-for-bankruptcy-here-are-the-best-ways-to-find-a-d...

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.