cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Course reversed-Wells Fargo Tells Customers It’s Shuttering All Personal Lines Of Credit

tag
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Re: Update: Course reversed-Wells Fargo Tells Customers It’s Shuttering All Personal Lines Of Credit

@Itgem679 WF is not my go to for anything.  The PLOC drew me in, otherwise I'd nit miss any of their products, so I feel you.  Yes, I'd move my relationship to a credit union depending on who's offering the most value.  

Message 71 of 75
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Re: Update: Course reversed-Wells Fargo Tells Customers It’s Shuttering All Personal Lines Of Credit

Not sure if you carried a balance or paid it off but did you note the comment about active accounts will be kept open. I was contemplating creating a transaction each month (like and in and out) or carry a $100 to generate a statement. Happy we're keeping it but didn't want them to close due to inactivity in the future. Makes me think theyll be keeping an eye on them. Thoughts?

I had not used my PLOC since 12/31/2020 and paid it off 2/2021 and I survived.  So inactive may be > than 7 months, although this may change.  I did use it late August to be safe.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 72 of 75
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@RickNATL wrote:

I was always moving money to checking from the WF PLOC...then pay off the next month with the same money to keep it active. I'm sure that helps @cashorcharge. I've nit had a rainy day where I really needed the funds but incrementally over a period of time I move various acts in/out to keep statements going.  

Thanks and agreed. I was doing the same and will likely continue to suffice. Thanks @RickNATL 

Message 73 of 75
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Trudy wrote:

Not sure if you carried a balance or paid it off but did you note the comment about active accounts will be kept open. I was contemplating creating a transaction each month (like and in and out) or carry a $100 to generate a statement. Happy we're keeping it but didn't want them to close due to inactivity in the future. Makes me think theyll be keeping an eye on them. Thoughts?

I had not used my PLOC since 12/31/2020 and paid it off 2/2021 and I survived.  So inactive may be > than 7 months, although this may change.  I did use it late August to be safe.

Thanks @Trudy   Appreciate the DP. I think to stay off the radar (or the perceived radar in my head since this happened) that keeping something moving is a good idea. 

Message 74 of 75
Itgem679
Regular Contributor

Thank you for your insight. Smiley Happy

Gardening until 2023. Current scores (11/2022): Ex: 757 Eq: 757 Tu: 757
CLs: (As of 12/2022)
First Tech World Mastercard: $10k
American Express: $1K
AAdvantage: $2.8K
Wells Fargo Platinum: $4.6K
Discover It (blue): $4.5K
Discover It (red): $4.5K
~6 other cards with limits under $2K
Auth'd user on 1 Capital One card.
All balances stay under 5%.
Message 75 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.