cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*** Updated New Info: GM Credit Card Holders....a change could be in your future

tag
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Re: GM Buypower card. Goldman Sachs new card information email sign up.

Knowing how GS has been with the Apple Card, it would not surprise me if they did a SP for CLI and SP pre-approvals like the Apple Card.

I am itching to get one if I can get my hands on the new upcoming Silverado EV truck that I reserved last week.

Message 51 of 54
dmFICO8
Regular Contributor

I remembered the transition happened today for existing GM Card cardholders. I am an existing Marcus and Captial One banking customer, the GM card disappeared in my Capital One online account, and it is in my Marcus online account now.

In Marcus account, there is a new card tracker for card shipment status, though it doesn't seem to work yet (forever loading screen).

You can also earn up to $25 in earning for finishing your account setup tasks like download the marcus app $2, add the card to Apple or Google pay wallet $2, set statement preference $1, update your profile information $5, etc. I have not received my new card, yet.

I like this new interface that you can view all your card info including GM rewards on 1 page

Message 52 of 54
James3
Contributor

Goldman Sach must be having issues because I'm underwhelmed. When I logged in all I saw was my name and a message asking me to update my income. When I updated my income I was redirected to some kind of budgeting page. There was no information about my credit limit or any other useful account information. Maybe the experience will be nicer eventually, but from my perspective, they cocked it up. 

FNBO Evergreen
GM Copper Card
Wells Fargo Signature
Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards
Citi Double Cash
Wells Fargo BILT
Message 53 of 54
LADave
Established Contributor

@4sallypat wrote:

Knowing how GS has been with the Apple Card, it would not surprise me if they did a SP for CLI and SP pre-approvals like the Apple Card.

I am itching to get one if I can get my hands on the new upcoming Silverado EV truck that I reserved last week.

Like the Apple Card, GS is doing soft pull approvals (not merely pre-approvals). You're not dinged until you actually accept the card. (I confirmed that a couple weeks ago, my story is here: GM Rewards/Marcus by Goldman Sachs Pre-Approval...)

I haven't confirmed that they're doing soft-pull CLIs but I would be shocked if they're not.

Message 54 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.