cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*** Updated New Info: GM Credit Card Holders....a change could be in your future

tag
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

*** Updated New Info: GM Credit Card Holders....a change could be in your future

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GM Credit Card Holders....a change could be in your future

I have more than $1600 worth of points accumulated in my GM card account.  If Barclays gets the GM card, they will be worthless in a year or two.

Message 2 of 54
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Ouch!  You should go car shopping!  With 2020's wrapping up and 2021's coming soon....the next few months could be a great time!

Message 3 of 54
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have more than $1600 worth of points accumulated in my GM card account.  If Barclays gets the GM card, they will be worthless in a year or two.

Possibly soonerSmiley Sad

Message 4 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cashorcharge wrote:

Ouch!  You should go car shopping!  With 2020's wrapping up and 2021's coming soon....the next few months could be a great time!

I'm not ready for a new car yet. I was hoping to do something like I did in 2000:

I had $3700 worth of points on  my GM card  good for any new GM car.

$1300 on my Driver's edge card good for any new car.

The GM card send me a $500 coupon good for any new GM car.

Sold  my then current car for $1500.

Paid $9300 for a new Chevy Metro

So I had a new car for a net cost of $2300 and drove it for 15 years.

Message 5 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

We just bought a new Chevy Traverse and got $3,000 off with supplier discount and $2,500 off in Chevy rebate for the month of August.

Message 6 of 54
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Goldman Sachs Lands 2 Billion GM Credit Card Business

https://www.businessinsider.com/goldman-sachs-lands-2-billion-gm-credit-card-business-2020-10Goldman... Just a year after launching Apple Card, GS outbid Barclays, landing the GM credit card portfolio. It's a clear sign that Goldman is serious with credit services.

Message 7 of 54
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Re: Goldman Sachs Lands 2 Billion GM Credit Card Business

Looks like I'm going to have a Goldman Sachs BuyPower card.  Maybe I can finally get a CLI?

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 8 of 54
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

https://www.businessinsider.com/goldman-sachs-lands-2-billion-gm-credit-card-business-2020-10Goldman... Just a year after launching Apple Card, GS outbid Barclays, landing the GM credit card portfolio. It's a clear sign that Goldman is serious with credit services.

I can hear GS now ...

Message 9 of 54
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

$8.5B in spend goes through GM Buypower cards annually? I honestly never would've guessed that this card was *that* popular, especially with all the dinky limits it seems most people have.

Depending on what GS does with the rewards structure, I may be interested. DW is due for a new car and she's leaning towards an Impala LTZ.  My loathing for Cap One has left this off the table for me so far, but I certainly could max out the current yearly 5% on $5K easy enough to make it worthwhile if GS gives me a worthwhile SL.

Message 10 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.