cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*** Updated New Info: GM Credit Card Holders....a change could be in your future

FinStar

Re: Goldman Sachs Lands 2 Billion GM Credit Card Business

@Red1Blue wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Goos 

I currently have the card and no communications as of yet on the potential GS integration.  So, it may take a bit for current cardholders to learn of any upcoming changes.

I am in the market for new car. I know the Car and Credit Card Applications are different. Where does new applications for new GM Card go. Does the new applications go to GS for approval? I'll check out GM Card website and see what it says.

As mentioned a couple posts upthread, there are no GM credit card applications being accepted at this time. The link provided further upthread has the general information.

Message 41 of 45
Hex
Established Contributor

GM Buypower card. Goldman Sachs new card information email sign up.

I was checking out the GM Buypower website and they are no longer taking applications. The card is going to transition to Goldman Sachs. They have a link to "receive information from Marcus by Goldman Sachs about new card products". I'm posting it here for anyone who's interested. 

https://www.buypowercard.com/gmrewardscards/?intcmp=bpc_Homepage

Message 42 of 45
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Re: GM Buypower card. Goldman Sachs new card information email sign up.

@Hex wrote:

I was checking out the GM Buypower website and they are no longer taking applications. The card is going to transition to Goldman Sachs. They have a link to "receive information from Marcus by Goldman Sachs about new card products". I'm posting it here for anyone who's interested. 

https://www.buypowercard.com/gmrewardscards/?intcmp=bpc_Homepage

Yeah, its been this way for a while. This purchase by GS from Capital One was announced in October 2020 and still no new card. They initially said it would be launched in September 2021...but here it is almost November 1st and no card.....it better be good.

Any current GM Card/Buy Power cardholders received any information from GS about your card? 

Message 43 of 45
MichaelMyers
Regular Contributor

I got a letter in the mail this week about the switch to Goldman Sachs. No exact date was given, however.
Message 44 of 45
dmFICO8
Contributor

I got a letter today to inform me that the GM Card will be moving from Capital One to Marcus by Goldman Sachs in February. More information will be provided in the coming weeks.
Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.