Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us Bank Buying MUFG Union Bank

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Us Bank Buying MUFG Union Bank

@ChargedUp 

I don't have the answer on the choices during a merger.

But they did pull FICO 8 or 9 EX Bankcard for the CC.

Message 11 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Also be ready for about 5 tough questions from public records.   Where they pull these questions from I have no clue as just remember they were some of the most tough ones I were ever asked from like 25 years back some of them so hopefully you have a good memory of old phone #'s and old license plate numbers etc if you have movedSmiley Happy.  As if you fail it is a decline no recon on identity.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Also be ready for about 5 tough questions from public records.   Where they pull these questions from I have no clue as just remember they were some of the most tough ones I were ever asked from like 25 years back some of them so hopefully you have a good memory of old phone #'s and old license plate numbers etc if you have movedSmiley Happy.  As if you fail it is a decline no recon on identity.

Ran into the situation you wrote up with FNBO! Told the verifier that the questions did not even apply to me. She was taken back. Figured it was over. However, she got inventive and took my credit report open and closed accounts and grilled me on them. Fortunately, I could remember items from the reports and FNBO passed me. Where do they get the old ... old ... old information? Previous to the questions, I had gone over my Lexus Nexus Report, Early Warning Report, the three major bureaus and the NCTUE Telephone Bureau Report and they were accurate ... old but accurate.

Message 13 of 22
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I've had a couple lenders ask questions going back into the early 90's for ID. It would be just as easy for me to walk into a Union Bank branch and apply if they're going to dig into obscure records that I may or may not remember. 

Message 14 of 22
sjt
Senior Contributor

My family and I had a long history with Union Bank going back to the Bank of Tokyo of California days. It was a good bank until they started to poach executives from Wells Fargo and tried to apply that model to the bank.
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 15 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ChargedUp wrote:

Anyone recall what CRA Union Bank uses and did they give a choice of cards in their previous mergers? Seems like an easier window to get a Cash + card. (I get mailers from Union Bank about every 4-6 months.)

Union Bank typically uses EX (at least IME). As far as previous mergers, they basically rolled whatever rewards program was available (back when FNBO used to have them).  

So, not sure how it's going to pan out on these yet.  As an example, the State Farm Bank CCs weren't rolled or converted into any existing USB products (i.e. Cash+, AltitudeGO, etc).  They pretty much retained their rewards programs and were enhanced once they were integrated into the USB systems (better redemptions options, RTR, etc).

Message 16 of 22
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Message 17 of 22
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank acquires MUFJ Union Bank

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Link:

https://m.startribune.com/u-s-bancorps-q3-profits-fall-revenue-increases/600215708/?clmob=y&c=n&clmo...

The link above wants you to pay to continue reading the article. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 18 of 22
crystal626
Regular Contributor

Message 19 of 22
Pway
Valued Contributor

@crystal626 wrote:

Here is a press release straight from US Bank. 

https://www.usbank.com/about-us-bank/company-blog/article-library/us-bancorp-to-acquire-mufg-union-b...

Thank you so much. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.