Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Using AI to give workers a “productivity score”

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I sense "Work Resilience Score" 

The D-word makes me laugh, even more so now that's it's become one of the most lucrative businesses. 

It's kinda like fortune telling at times, gather some tea leaves, call them data, throw them on the table, and "interpret" 

If you happen to be right, you're digital prophet. If you're wrong, tea leaves weren't satisfactory. 

Statistically, even a blind chicken will find enough corn to survive if enough corn is thrown inside the pen.

Does that mean blind chicken is more productive,  or does it mean it has to work longer and harder because it's not on par with its poultry colleagues who do not need to spend 8 hrs trying to do something that shouldn't take "that long" 

lol @ poultry colleagues....you know I laugh out loud more from reading your posts than listening to one of the Sirius XM comedy channels, and they're pretty good sometimes.

I have several employees at my practice who usually have 2-3 free hours each day, because they are intelligent and resourceful. They never leave any unfinished tasks. 

So, do I now throw extra work at them because they completed theirs in less time, or do I let them chill...

I opted for chill. I cannot do without them, but I can certainly do without those who are banging on keyboard for 3 hrs trying to complete a single email because everything is struggle, but based on time spent "doing things"  they would appear like star pupils. 

Yes,  you throw extra work at them, and wring every last minute of work out of them before the buzzer goes off and they can take off their shock collars and go home.

I could never work in an analytics field that involves human behavior. Although I would love to work at FICO for a while - I'd only violate like 50-60 percent of the NDA.

😂

Right now, the technology hasn't caught up with what you all are trying to do. 

Right idea but the means are still limited, though vastly improved from mere years ago. 

As far as Industry 4.0/machine analytics is concerned, I have to agree with that. What we call 'IIOT' (Industrial Internet of Things) is really in a constant state of flux, although I am very impressed with Microsoft's new OS for IIOT endpoints (Linux based! A penguin!) dedicated to solving some of the problems in disparate interconnectivity and most importantly, secure communication of data.

Our predictive analysis involving machines works very well because we don't select up front what data points we we think might be a predictor - we just collect as much different data as we possibly can. There are quite a lot of environmental and power sensors, for example. It's actually quite a bit more than that, and the data is streaming in constantly from factory floors. It's not like credit risk modeling, where snapshots are days/weeks apart.

After (and while) all that data is collected, it's analyzed for correlations to see if there's something there that all observed machine failures had in common. Many times we are surprised at some of the results because a piece of data that we collected didn't seem all that relevant to us - but the AI/ML software we created found it fairly quickly.

Teach me more, I'm trying to snag a date with @Revelate  so I need to borrow some smart opinions because his data tells him to ignore my attempts 

Message 21 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It was funny when I typed it. 

Not so sure now 😂

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

Teach me more, I'm trying to snag a date with @Revelate  so I need to borrow some smart opinions because his data tells him to ignore my attempts 

Extensive analysis using random forest modeling and a support-vector machine that runs on fruit loops suggests your best move is learning this: ISO 9000:2015(en) Quality management systems — Fundamentals and vocabulary .

Wait....what happened with kilroy over in the Garden Club? Or is this part of that whole multiple "payments" with many "lenders" thing?

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Extensive analysis using random forest modeling and a support-vector machine that runs on fruit loops suggests your best move is learning this: ISO 9000:2015(en) Quality management systems — Fundamentals and vocabulary .

Wait....what happened with kilroy over in the Garden Club? Or is this part of that whole multiple "payments" with many "lenders" thing?

Dead! smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 24 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@kilroy8  has serious credit neurosis 

Message 25 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I think my best move would be stealing @Revelate Tesla. Then, he'd have to refer to me as "his Edison" 

😐

Message 26 of 29
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@kilroy8  has serious credit neurosis 

I'm OK, you're OK.

My hair got messed tonight.

So, I got that going for me.

Message 27 of 29
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I sense "Work Resilience Score" 

The D-word makes me laugh, even more so now that's it's become one of the most lucrative businesses. 

It's kinda like fortune telling at times, gather some tea leaves, call them data, throw them on the table, and "interpret" 

If you happen to be right, you're digital prophet. If you're wrong, tea leaves weren't satisfactory. 

Statistically, even a blind chicken will find enough corn to survive if enough corn is thrown inside the pen.

Does that mean blind chicken is more productive,  or does it mean it has to work longer and harder because it's not on par with its poultry colleagues who do not need to spend 8 hrs trying to do something that shouldn't take "that long" 

lol @ poultry colleagues....you know I laugh out loud more from reading your posts than listening to one of the Sirius XM comedy channels, and they're pretty good sometimes.

I have several employees at my practice who usually have 2-3 free hours each day, because they are intelligent and resourceful. They never leave any unfinished tasks. 

So, do I now throw extra work at them because they completed theirs in less time, or do I let them chill...

I opted for chill. I cannot do without them, but I can certainly do without those who are banging on keyboard for 3 hrs trying to complete a single email because everything is struggle, but based on time spent "doing things"  they would appear like star pupils. 

Yes,  you throw extra work at them, and wring every last minute of work out of them before the buzzer goes off and they can take off their shock collars and go home.

I could never work in an analytics field that involves human behavior. Although I would love to work at FICO for a while - I'd only violate like 50-60 percent of the NDA.

😂

Right now, the technology hasn't caught up with what you all are trying to do. 

Right idea but the means are still limited, though vastly improved from mere years ago. 

As far as Industry 4.0/machine analytics is concerned, I have to agree with that. What we call 'IIOT' (Industrial Internet of Things) is really in a constant state of flux, although I am very impressed with Microsoft's new OS for IIOT endpoints (Linux based! A penguin!) dedicated to solving some of the problems in disparate interconnectivity and most importantly, secure communication of data.

Our predictive analysis involving machines works very well because we don't select up front what data points we we think might be a predictor - we just collect as much different data as we possibly can. There are quite a lot of environmental and power sensors, for example. It's actually quite a bit more than that, and the data is streaming in constantly from factory floors. It's not like credit risk modeling, where snapshots are days/weeks apart.

After (and while) all that data is collected, it's analyzed for correlations to see if there's something there that all observed machine failures had in common. Many times we are surprised at some of the results because a piece of data that we collected didn't seem all that relevant to us - but the AI/ML software we created found it fairly quickly.

Ah @Remedios and @Anonymous you are both two of my favorite people online like ever.  Given how much of my both my former and current state of socialization is online communication that's actually saying something imo.

Anyway like usual I'm taking a small break, of which I have only a few minutes left before I have to get back to work after abdicating on my life (sleeping) for an absurd amount over a 38 hour period, but I just wanted to say thank you for making me laugh out loud not once, not twice, but 3 times and I haven't even finished reading through the entire thread yet.  Simply brilliant and thank yous for being yous.

Funny during one of my waking periods during the above-mentioned time window, I was thinking how utterly routine and not great my life has gotten: sleep, eating, work, eat, work, eat work, sleep, eat, work, etc ad naseum and realized I'm pretty much up for anything to break up that monotony at this point, so I strongly suspect I'm open to pretty much any laughably remotely reasonable social proposal just sayin' regardless what my wretched data says, no need to steal my Tesla!

Seriously thank you for bringing a little amusement into my otherwise gray life, certainly better than the damned Verizon email notification today that I've overspent my monthly hotspot allowance already this morning.  I'm not even officially a Comcast customer yet and I already am getting fustruated with their inability to install and my "Work Resiliency Score" is going to nosedive if that email is ever seen by the data analysis algorithms.  No Internet = No Work = No Money => No bill payments = rut roh.  In theory in an asset blind world anyway.

        
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

Funny during one of my waking periods during the above-mentioned time window, I was thinking how utterly routine and not great my life has gotten: sleep, eating, work, eat, work, eat work, sleep, eat, work, etc ad naseum and realized I'm pretty much up for anything to break up that monotony at this point, so I strongly suspect I'm open to pretty much any laughably remotely reasonable social proposal just sayin' regardless what my wretched data says, no need to steal my Tesla!

Wow, do I ever know that feeling.

Last night (a Saturday night) I got a bunch of computer parts dropped off at my place, and this morning (Sunday) I get a text:

"Think I can use it tomorrow? You should be in KC around noon, right?"

Me: "Yeah. I just finished the hard part. Take a look."

3 letter titles at a small startup mean nothing when most people are friends from high school.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.