@M_Smart007 wrote:

I prefer American Express Travelers ChequesSmiley Happy

I'm sure Visa will make an 8-Track adapter for you. Smiley Happy

That would be very kind of themSmiley Wink

Message 13 of 19
sxa001
Valued Contributor

Re: Visa Vision for In-Car Payments using Voice/Touch

In additional to fuel purchases it would be nice for drive-thrus, their system could send the data to the car which gives you the amount and you pay with with your favorite card for dining awards! 

Message 14 of 19
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

I’m one of those people who would implant a payment chip into my hand (doesn’t that exist already somewhere?) so this is a welcome addition. Although I hate how slow the US is with <anything> so I know it would take literal decades to catch on.

More ways to avoid using separate, physical cards, the better.
Message 15 of 19
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@icednightpaper wrote:
I’m one of those people who would implant a payment chip into my hand (doesn’t that exist already somewhere?) so this is a welcome addition. Although I hate how slow the US is with <anything> so I know it would take literal decades to catch on.

More ways to avoid using separate, physical cards, the better.

A smartwatch is as far as I'd go lol.

Message 16 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I honestly would love this feature.

I am ordering more food through apps via Apple Pay anyway, other than my experiment in Doordash which I realized was so heavily marked up I don't know if I will ever do that again though I guess that depends on individual restaurant because it worked brilliantly for one stellar place there so maybe I won't write it off completely but it is just as easy to entertain myself in my car than it is sitting looking at walls... well whenever I come out of hardcore self-imposed full lockdown.

But I heavily use(d /sigh) the apps for Starbucks and other places, if I could do the deed with some sort of voice assist instead of fiddling with my phone (ok maybe I could get Siri setup for it, maybe) it would just be better.  Admittedly I usually have more than enough time stopped at any traffic light in Houston to do this but how many accidents could have been avoided by someone not using or worse dropping their phones even when at a full stop.

Don't know but I am admittedly a supporter of anything that assists the driver in maintaining focus, especially if it takes care of one of the admittedly kinda dumb things I do for quality of life reasons.

        
Message 17 of 19
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When pulling out your smartphone for wireless payments is too much work.

Definitely. Just pull up and pick up an order or get out and get gas without ever taking a phone or card out of my purse.

I'll pass. Rather not have yet another payment system keeping my cards on file.

I am with you on this one, I don't need another system that can get hacked; heck I don't even like having cards on my phone payment apps. Maybe I am just old fashioned 

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When pulling out your smartphone for wireless payments is too much work.

Definitely. Just pull up and pick up an order or get out and get gas without ever taking a phone or card out of my purse.

I'll pass. Rather not have yet another payment system keeping my cards on file.

I am with you on this one, I don't need another system that can get hacked; heck I don't even like having cards on my phone payment apps. Maybe I am just old fashioned 

Nah...that's a perfectly valid reason these days. These things only take off because convenience beats trust in the minds of many.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.