cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF, worried about defaults, stops making loans to most independent car dealerships

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

WF, worried about defaults, stops making loans to most independent car dealerships

Wells Fargo, one of the biggest lenders for new and used car purchases in the U.S., sent letters to hundreds of independent auto dealerships last month telling them that the San Francisco-based company was dropping them as a customer, according to people with knowledge of the situation.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/02/wells-fargo-cuts-back-from-making-loans-to-independent-car-dealershi...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: WF, worried about defaults, stops making loans to most independent car dealerships

Thanks for posting @gdale6 Smiley Happy (I was just going to post this)

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WF, worried about defaults, stops making loans to most independent car dealerships

No great loss as far as I'm concerend, especially considering an article a while back about their sketchy auto loan practices.

That said, i wonder how much of an imact it will really have with so many other Lenders available? 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Thanks for posting @gdale6 Smiley Happy (I was just going to post this)

Oh, the "shadow factor"   Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 6
ahutchga1972
Valued Member

I just got an auto loan through them. It was a Ford dealership that sold new and used cars.

5/20: EX 676
4/20: EQ 667
4/20: TU: 643
Discover 8000; WF Platinum 3000; Delta Blue Amex SkyMiles 1000;
Closed: Capital One; Mavis Tire; WF Secured
Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@ahutchga1972 wrote:

I just got an auto loan through them. It was a Ford dealership that sold new and used cars.

I had an auto loan through them back when I wasn't credit pretty and WFDS was apparently the only one that wanted it.

This is going to hurt the subprime lending market more than anything else I suspect.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.