Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WalMart sues Synchrony for $800m

tag
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Re: WalMart sues Synchrony for $800m

Hot dogs, Coke, Cotton Candy, Popcorn! Finally the movie is starting. I just knew Walmart and Synchrony Bank would have an explosive separation. They are both in the budget segment so they are more aggressive. They also lead in their respective areas of Retail Merchandise and Credit in their segment. I personally am happy to move to Capitol One as I already have a Quicksilver and Synchrony's card interface needs work.

My guess is that this will get bloody really quick. My experience says that each side will ask for terms more in line with their own benefits and the results will just be a very long disagreement that will be a good show with consumers winning major improvements.

As for self checkout I have noticed the increase of units at my local Walmart Supercenter. The units are faster than a regular line since it is one line for 6-12 units. I believe the biggest problem is that people do not understand that they need to learn a new way for the benefits of speed or are too lazy. If you do not invest there will not be any benefit. The first time you use self checkout it will be slow but the next time it will be faster and eventually you will breeze through because you are used to it. Whatever loss Walmart is suffering from is minimum compared to the load reduction on manned lines and the efficiency of running them. Throughput is way higher at lower employee cost.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 21 of 26
trusty
Frequent Contributor

Re: WalMart sues Synchrony for $800m

@zerofire wrote:

As for self checkout I have noticed the increase of units at my local Walmart Supercenter. The units are faster than a regular line since it is one line for 6-12 units. I believe the biggest problem is that people do not understand that they need to learn a new way for the benefits of speed or are too lazy. If you do not invest there will not be any benefit. The first time you use self checkout it will be slow but the next time it will be faster and eventually you will breeze through because you are used to it. Whatever loss Walmart is suffering from is minimum compared to the load reduction on manned lines and the efficiency of running them. Throughput is way higher at lower employee cost.

Fresh & Easy tried to fully implement self-checkout - and went bankrupt. But, perhaps it was 5 years too soon. Or, it could have just been deliberately gutted by an executive scheme.

Message 22 of 26
Poppa
Established Contributor

Walmart drops $800M lawsuit against Synchrony Financial

Didn't notice this update in the forums. Sorry if I reposted old news.

https://www.retaildive.com/news/walmart-sues-long-time-credit-card-issuer-synchrony-financial/541404...

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart drops $800M lawsuit against Synchrony Financial

Good data to have. I'm interested in seeing how the new partnership will proceed.
Message 24 of 26
Poppa
Established Contributor

This article actually has information the first one had almost none, sorry.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/synchrony-says-walmart-to-drop-lawsuit-against-credit-card-issuer-11548...

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 25 of 26
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

I feel for the jobs lost. Yet, I see all these people filling curbside orders and wonder if this isn't positive, as far as walmart automation is concerned.

As for the credit cards, don't give a !

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.