cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walgreens SYNCB Mastercard

Valued Contributor

Walgreens SYNCB Mastercard

Not sure if it's been discussed here before as I couldn't find any thread regarding this cc from Sync. Pls feel free to move/merge mods.

Launching late summer/fall this year.

So what do you myFICO peeps think of it (Pros/Cons) other than it being a Sync?

Walgreens Mastercard 

Mission Accomplished on Dec 07 2020! Rebuild Complete!

New cc TLs : 2/6 ; 2/12 ; 3/24
HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 1
AAoA 5y4m
UTIL 1% - 3%

$249K+ Total Limits

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Walgreens SYNCB Mastercard

It's SYNCB 🤷‍♂️  

They've launched a couple CC products in less than a year such as the Verizon Visa and Venmo MC, for instance.  For anyone who doesn't have a lot of SYNCB exposure, it would depend on what this new [Walgreens] CC would offer and determine if it's a good fit.  For those with moderate or high SYNCB exposure, I would exercise caution on adding another SYNCB CC to the mix.

Message 2 of 6
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

It's SYNCB 🤷‍♂️  

They've launched a couple CC products in less than a year such as the Verizon Visa and Venmo MC, for instance.  For anyone who doesn't have a lot of SYNCB exposure, it would depend on what this new [Walgreens] CC would offer and determine if it's a good fit.  For those with moderate or high SYNCB exposure, I would exercise caution on adding another SYNCB CC to the mix.

ThisSmiley Happy. Though i like the idea of it. Sometimes when i buy from walgreens i find i got some rewards dollars to use which makes me happy. I would gladly support a Walgreens mc over a Wally or Sams, as i personally get better vibes when im at WalgreensSmiley Wink  With as much as exposure as i have i just cant afford to tip the scale lolSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
Valued Contributor

It would depend on what the rewards are. Currently you can get 5% cash back until April 1at Walgreens with Discover. Chase Freedom Flex is 3% at drug stores. I can save more money shopping at other stores than paying Walgreens price most of the time. I very rarely shop at Walgreens or CVS due the prices. I check their prices on line.  The pharmacy price for perscription medication is controlled by the insurance plan and would be the same at in pharmacy in my opinion.

FICO 8 EX 794 TU 794 EF 805
Discover IT Opened 9/1990 CL 19,000, JC Penney Opened 10/2008 CL 4700, US Bank Cash Plus Opened 8/2010 CL 12000, Citibank Double Cash Opened 5/2015 CL 11,100, Chase Freedom Flex Opened 09/2020 CL 10,500
Message 4 of 6
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

I'll continue to use my 3% AOD, 3% Apple Card, or 3% Chase FU.

A dedicated drugstore card just really seems to be a waste, thats just my opinion.

Message 5 of 6
Established Contributor

I am not sure why but some people do a lot of shopping at Walgreens, maybe convenice. I rarely find myself in one but when I pass the ones around here they often seem busy enough.  I think the card may have some appeal to those without a lot of cards of they do some rewards or discounts but I agree with others that those of us on MF may not as easily bite. I think I have been to Walgreens once in the last year.  Maybe CVS another time.  Honestly sometimes I confuse the two, especially since they are across the street from each other in both locations near me. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.