Did you mean: 

Walmart May Choose Capital One For Credit Card Issuer

Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart: Bye Bye Synchrony, Hello Capital One? Maybe

@kdperry90 wrote:

Lol, worst than Synchrony?

@Gmood1 wrote:
If it's Capitol One..bad.😂

If Capitol One gives abysmal CLs like they do on the Kohl's CC. I wouldn't have my Walmart MC now. Another issuer would get those swipes.

Message 21 of 39
Valued Contributor

There would go my hopes of a $20k CL one of these days.
BUSINESS Soon to be gone: Chase Freedom, Union Plus M/C, Blispay
Message 22 of 39
Frequent Contributor

I kinda see this as just WM wanting a better cut or deal.

They are just toying the idea and making sync bow down.

Normal day in the biz of the big names. 

Im sure they will just come to some agreement and stay together.

[Penfed Platinum Rewards 10k][TD Ameritrade-2k][BOA Cash Rewards 13k][NFCU cashRewards 10k][TDcash 5k][IHG 14.2k][BOA 24.8k][Amazon Prime Store 10k][Amazon PrimeVS 500][Amex BCE 6k][WellsFargo CashWise 14k][PNC Core 10.2k][WalmartMC 10k][SearsMC 10k][Lowes 35k][Toyota 9.5k][Capital One 5250][BP 10k][Home Depot 24.2k][Chase FU 6.6k][Discover 15.5k]
- [BOA CR $12.5k][Amex Plum NPSL][Amex SC+ $13.5k][Amex B4B $12k][Chase Ink $36k][PNC $25k]
Message 23 of 39
Established Member

@Gmood1 wrote:

@kdperry90 wrote:

Lol, worst than Synchrony?

@Gmood1 wrote:
If it's Capitol One..bad.😂

If Capitol One gives abysmal CLs like they do on the Kohl's CC. I wouldn't have my Walmart MC now. Another issuer would get those swipes.

I understand that completely. Kohls went from my favorite to least favorite card quickly because of the lack of growth!

Lurking & Rebuilding since 7/2015. Starting scores: All low-mid 500s. Current scores: EQ-632, TU-664, EX-694. First goal: 700s (across the board) by the end of 2018!
Current cards: AMEX Green Card, BBVA ClearPoints- $5000, PayPal Extras MC- $2000 Best Buy Visa- $750, Cap1 Quicksilver-$1000 Cap1 Platinum- $300, Merrick Bank- $1100, Target Redcard-$2400, CU Visa Card- $1000, Discover Secured Card- $500, Kohl's- $700, Walmart Store Card-$3500, Sam's Club Card- $437, Chevron Card-$2000, Paypal Credit- $4000, Fingerhut-$3200, Deserve Pro-$1000, Banco Do Brasil-$1400, Penfed Overdraft Line- $500. A few more store cards 20% Utilization across the board
Message 24 of 39
Established Member

@WhatTickaWhat wrote:

I kinda see this as just WM wanting a better cut or deal.

They are just toying the idea and making sync bow down.

Normal day in the biz of the big names. 

Im sure they will just come to some agreement and stay together.

Definitely makes sense.

Lurking & Rebuilding since 7/2015. Starting scores: All low-mid 500s. Current scores: EQ-632, TU-664, EX-694. First goal: 700s (across the board) by the end of 2018!
Current cards: AMEX Green Card, BBVA ClearPoints- $5000, PayPal Extras MC- $2000 Best Buy Visa- $750, Cap1 Quicksilver-$1000 Cap1 Platinum- $300, Merrick Bank- $1100, Target Redcard-$2400, CU Visa Card- $1000, Discover Secured Card- $500, Kohl's- $700, Walmart Store Card-$3500, Sam's Club Card- $437, Chevron Card-$2000, Paypal Credit- $4000, Fingerhut-$3200, Deserve Pro-$1000, Banco Do Brasil-$1400, Penfed Overdraft Line- $500. A few more store cards 20% Utilization across the board
Message 25 of 39
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart May Choose Capital One For Credit Card Issuer

If it's up for grabs I sure hope it isn't Capital One.  I've never had an issue with Synchrony and with CapOne getting Cabelas I have more than enough Capital One "in my wallet".

Message 26 of 39
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Not good. No one will give better limits for Walmart than Synchrony and that's a avj factSmiley Wink

What's and avj fact?! Smiley Surprised

Starting Score: 000 Fico TU08
Current Score: 835 Fico TU08
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 39
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Lol, meant to say AJC, but oh heck , let's just call it an American Vetoed JalopySmiley Wink

Message 28 of 39
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart credit card

@issac2x wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
No bueno. Who wants to triple pull for Walmart? At least with Synchrony, you could get a decent limit early in your build and work it up nicely. With Cap One, you'll be lucky to get an increase every 6 months lol. Unless they upgrade my card to MC I'll end up closing mine lol

CO doesn't triple pull for cobranded cards... if I'm remembering correctly. But yeah don't know if they bucket.

Cool but still I'd rather not have Mace Windu telling me my wallet needs more hubSmiley Wink

Message 29 of 39
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart May Choose Capital One For Credit Card Issuer

@UncleB wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

I wonder if this includes SamsClub?

It's not explicitly stated, but I am assuming it does. Smiley Indifferent

That would stink too. I'd assume because its cobranded we wouldnt get pooches here in PR. I believe the only card backed from Capitol One that one could apply with a PR address is Kohls. Lol on me , no Kohls hereSmiley Wink

Message 30 of 39