cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo needs a new team of horses...

tag
LJ555
Valued Member

Re: Wells Fargo needs a new team of horses...

I guess I bank with WF because I'm lazy.  Smiley LOL

I had an account with Wachovia, and when they were bought by WF I just left things as they were.  It was a seamless transition.  Also, I live in a really small town in a rural area and it's the only "big" bank available locally - small local banks are great, but when you travel a lot like I do you need something where you're not having to pay fees every time you want to use the ATM or deposit a check.  Closing accounts and opening new ones seems like such a PIA!  And since I've never had any trouble with them, and when I go in there they all recognize me and know me just like a regular small town bank would do, it gives me warm fuzzies.  A few years back when I was having some difficulties, they even refunded a bunch of overdraft fees when I asked, even though I legit accumulated them.  So... I get there are issues on a broader scale now, but personally speaking I've had nothing but good experiences with them.  (Also they love my dog.  Ha!)  And it's not like I have a ton of money or anything, I'm definitely a paycheck-to-paycheck person.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really love Wells Fargo's horses... Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Message 13 of 19
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Wow,  just wow  Smiley Surprised

I wonder how much longer they'll continue to self-destruct what used to be a respected and successful organization?

My first ever savings account when I was a paperboy in grade school was Wells. Wouldn't dream of using them now. 

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They've always been evil schisters. You were just blissfully unaware.
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 

I couldn't have said it any better.

@Anonymouswrote:

Not really sure why you don't understand the WF hate. They opened accounts for people who didn't apply for them. It doesn't get any worse than downright fraud, not to mention, pressuring employees to sell products, even if the customer doesn't want them. Wells Fargo hasn't done anything to make amends with customers either... Most of their senior management is still with the company, and one of them moved to the CEO position. If Wells Fargo really wanted good PR once again, they should have dropped monthly maintenance fees, lowered other fees, and compensated the victims of their wrongdoing with a few hundred dollars, for example. 

Some people like to set up bill pay through their bank because it's a more responsible way to handle finances. Bill pay allows you to view your statements/bills in one place and track when they need to be sent out. If you use autopay through your bank's bill pay service, the amount paid to be paid to the merchant or whatever adjusts automatically. 

Message 16 of 19
silvius
New Contributor

I hate that my mortgage is with them but I had no choice; my local lender sold it to them.   Wells Fargo is SHADY.

January 2023: 850 (Equifax FICO 9)
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@silvius wrote:

I hate that my mortgage is with them but I had no choice; my local lender sold it to them.   Wells Fargo is SHADY.

Share your sentiments. My mortgage loan has been sold five times in eight years and now it is with the worst Wells Fargo. Sad day and like you I have no say in it Smiley Mad

Message 18 of 19
marty56
Super Contributor

So it seems Wells Fargo chickens have come home to roost, or is it horses come home to graze.

Many moons ago they gave a a 30 day late that really wasn't.  I did't know I could have done something more other then calling them back then.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.