Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo to launch new, no-annual-fee card with 2% cash back and $200 SUB

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Wells Fargo to launch new, no-annual-fee card with 2% cash back and $200 SUB

Wells Fargo is trying to become a bigger competitor in the credit space with the launch of its new Active CashSM Card. The Active Cash Card, which launches in July and has no annual fee, offers a generous 2% cash back on purchases, a $200 welcome bonus (if you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months from the date your account is opened) and a 15 month 0% APR introductory period on purchases and balance transfers (then, a variable APR of 14.99% 19.99% or 24.99%).

https://www.cnbc.com/select/wells-fargo-launch-new-no-annual-fee-active-cash-credit-card/

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo to launch new, no-annual-fee card with 2% cash back and $200 SUB

Thanks gdale for sharing. If only I could trust Wells Fargo to do the right thing by its customers. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo to launch new, no-annual-fee card with 2% cash back and $200 SUB

Essentially the Citi DC, which I already have so i would see no need to aplly for  a WF version. Too bad I missed the boat on Propel.

Message 3 of 8
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

Today's rumor on Doctor of Credit:

Wells Fargo will discontinue it’s current line up of credit cards, apart from the no rewards Visa Platinum and the recently launched Active Cash card. This is not a huge surprise given the fact that Wells Fargo had previously announced it would be launching three new cards (including the Active Cash card) and the fact that the old Propel cards were discontinued.

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 4 of 8
MisterWives
Regular Contributor

@KatSoDak wrote:

Wells Fargo will discontinue it’s current line up of credit cards, apart from the no rewards Visa Platinum and the recently launched Active Cash card. This is not a huge surprise given the fact that Wells Fargo had previously announced it would be launching three new cards (including the Active Cash card) and the fact that the old Propel cards were discontinued.

I saw people mention about this on Reddit. Seems pretty drastic if they're closing all cards beside the two. rip another one of my cards.

Wants: PenFed Pathfinder Rewards(4x pts travel), PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature (5pts Gas, 3pts Restaurants and Grocery), U.S. Bank Cash+ (5% Categories), Chase Freedom Flex (5% Rotating Categories, 5% Travel, 3% Restaurants)
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MisterWives wrote:

@KatSoDak wrote:

I saw people mention about this on Reddit. Seems pretty drastic if they're closing all cards beside the two. rip another one of my cards.

Wells Fargo is known to leave existing cards open and just close them to new apps. 

Message 6 of 8
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

I'm really surprised this card isn't blowing up more here in the Approvals forum or on the YouTube channels. It seems to be better than any of the other 2% cards as they have the $200 SUB and 15 months of 0% APR. I was waiting for my second year of cash back match from Discover to come through next month before trying for a 2% card and I was sad that the Fidelity, PayPal and Citi all start charging APR right away. I'll be applying for this one just as soon as I close on the refinance of my mortgage. I hope there's no problem with me having this one and the Propel card.

AU

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great post. I just hope they do not do away with my Propel card. I have it a few years and I really like it, But you never know with these big banks.

Thank you.

Mark

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.