cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woman discovers someone added SEVENTY AU's to her Chase CC when the cards showed in the mail

tag
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Woman discovers someone added SEVENTY AU's to her Chase CC when the cards showed in the mail

Well, in case you were wondering how many AU's Chase will let you have.... The answer appears to be A LOT of them!

https://abc7.com/amp/chase-bank-scam-credit-card-fraud-unauthorized-users/11760381/

I always thought Chase was one of the stricter banks when it came to AU's for some reason.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Re: Woman discovers someone added SEVENTY AU's to her Chase CC when the cards showed in the mail

Wow, that's crazy . . . that's one reason why I monitor my cards very closely!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 2 of 5
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Re: Woman discovers someone added SEVENTY AU's to her Chase CC when the cards showed in the mail

The woman is trying to lay blame at Chase (and honestly, I'm surprised they didn't catch it) but she's the one that somehow let her online credentials get into a bad actor's hands.

Message 3 of 5
pcmedic2k
Valued Member

@LakeLife wrote:

The woman is trying to lay blame at Chase (and honestly, I'm surprised they didn't catch it) but she's the one that somehow let her online credentials get into a bad actor's hands.

And you are basing this on what? Fact is no one can say with any certainty how they gained access to her account. Fact is, How does the addition of 70 AU's on the same day to a personal account happen withoput the banks anti-fraud AI picking up that something may be amiss?

Message 4 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pcmedic2k wrote:

@LakeLife wrote:

And you are basing this on what? Fact is no one can say with any certainty how they gained access to her account. Fact is, How does the addition of 70 AU's on the same day to a personal account happen withoput the banks anti-fraud AI picking up that something may be amiss?

The fact is - this has happened in the past, not so much in the excessive amount of AUs to a single cardholder, but something similar with insider access. The reason Chase likely provided a generic response is two-fold, this likely prompted an internal investigation which may involve a few actors, including potential employee(s) who would have access to the end-user's account (or credentials) and/or an external fraud ring that is selling the AU accounts (this likely will never be disclosed), plus potential liability and reputational risk.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.