Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Credit Score Can Predict When You’ll Die, Research Shows

tag
DONZI
Established Contributor

Your Credit Score Can Predict When You’ll Die, Research Shows

Imagine that...

https://tucson.com/business/investment/personal-finance/your-credit-score-can-predict-when-you-ll-di...

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Your Credit Score Can Predict When You’ll Die, Research Shows

This makes sense to me, that economic stress can be correlated to death:

Previous research tells us that people who experience economic strains, like a sudden job loss, are more likely to take on debt, lose access to health care resources and experience mental health crises compared to those who are gainfully employed. All of this leads to financial duress that can shorten a person’s life in the long run. That shows up in credit data too, the researchers say.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Makes perfect sense.

Message 3 of 5
iced
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

This makes sense to me, that economic stress can be correlated to death:

Previous research tells us that people who experience economic strains, like a sudden job loss, are more likely to take on debt, lose access to health care resources and experience mental health crises compared to those who are gainfully employed. All of this leads to financial duress that can shorten a person’s life in the long run. That shows up in credit data too, the researchers say.

Operative word being correlated. I don't see the score so much as a predictor of life outcome as a symptom of economic stress, which in turn can reduce lifespan.

Message 4 of 5
Azza
Regular Contributor

Yeah this should probably be reworded to your credit score can reflect the fact that you died, not that it can predict it.

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.