Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consumers Like American Express, Discover, and by credit unions' Cards

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

consumers Like American Express, Discover, and by credit unions' Cards

The card issuer USAA Federal Savings, which scored 95 points out of a possible 100, earned the highest rating. The Navy Federal Credit Union and other credit unions followed suit with high scores. The top three rated issuers charged interest rates between 9 percent and 11 percent.

That's much lower than the two lowest-rated issuers, Direct Merchants (scoring 67 points) and Washington Mutual's Providian (earning 61 points), which both charge 17 percent.

And there is good news for anyone shopping for a card. Until recently the USAA Federal Savings card has been limited to members of the military, retired military personnel and their families. It's now opened up its membership policy so that almost anyone can join.......

Providian had the worst ratings for unexpected interest-rate hikes......................

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: consumers Like American Express, Discover, and by credit unions' Cards

I am sure this survey was conducted well before Amex began it's FR rampage!
Message 2 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

fused111 wrote:
I am sure this survey was conducted well before Amex began it's FR rampage!

Either that, or there are not as many people getting Frs as we thought.  I thought it was very interesting
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL I love my WaMu and only pay 14% for cash back privledges too. Amex Blue Cash's lowest interest rate is 13.24 (which I wouldn't qual for) up to 18.24 (which they would probably stick me with).
Message 4 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Brammy wrote:
LOL I love my WaMu and only pay 14% for cash back privledges too. Amex Blue Cash's lowest interest rate is 13.24 (which I wouldn't qual for) up to 18.24 (which they would probably stick me with).

Just a short time ago, I called Amex and requested a lower APR on my Blue card and got 9.99%.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.