cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

tag
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

FICO Forums Members:

Please share your thoughts about Experian's decision to discontinue offering Experian-based FICO scores to consumers on the myFICO web site.

As always, we value your input and appreciate your continued support!!!

--The myFICO Team
 For more information, please read our FAQ.

Message Edited by Barry on 02-05-2009 08:30 AM
Message 1 of 681
680 REPLIES 680
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Feedback from the FICO Forums community

I will be very polite and understated.  I am annoyed and irrtated.

I would be less irritated if I could buy a FICO score directly from EX.

However, I understand that I am NOT an EX customer, the lenders are EX's customers.  Hence how I, or millions of other consumers, feel is of no interest to EX.  I fully appreciate that not being an EX customer, I am powerless to alter their behavior.

I also understand the difference between immoral and illegal

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am disappointed in Experian's decision to stop letting myFICO offer their score to consumers.  Now there is one less tool consumers have to help monitor/improve their credit.  It was very nice to be able to get all three scores and know that you were getting FICOs not FAKOs.  I'm glad we are still able to get TU and EQ.
Message Edited by jedijennifer on 02-04-2009 11:47 AM
Message 3 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering....How am I suppose to get my score from experian now?  Can I still purchase my score before February 13th?
Message 4 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm kinda new to the Forum, so 4 give me if I posted this twice.  But I was just wondering....How am I suppose to get my score from experian now?  Can I still purchase my score before February 13th?
Message 5 of 681
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums!

You can still purchase your EX FICO score at this web site through Feb 13th.

Message 6 of 681
Scamp
Valued Contributor
Moved:

Message 7 of 681
hawkeye33
Regular Contributor

Obviously, it's very disappointing and discouraging. The conspiracy theorist/paranoid side of me wants to think that this is EX giving into pressure from their lender customers, who, without an informed public with any real visibility into their own credit scoring, can approve, reject and set rates with little or no explanation to the applicant other than the standard "due to information in your credit report" bit.

I just really hope that this is not the start of a trend where all three reporting agencies end up going this route in the long run (or that more and more lenders end up using EX scores because they are not transparent to applicants). Ultimately, we have to take it upon ourselves to do all the things we discuss and learn on these forums to improve and maintain our scores, but with every monitoring tool that is taken away from the consumer, we have to put out more effort to make sure that our creditors are not mis-reporting on us and lenders are not exploiting us.

Message 8 of 681
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

This just goes to show that the CRAs and EX more specifically are not consumer oriented companies. Like any other business they cater to who they get their money from: their suscribers (lenders, CAs, etc. anyone who reports accounts to them).

These companies could care less about what is on your report and whether it is correct or not, as exampled by their joke of a dispute/account verification process. The only reason they somewhat attempt to correct errors and the such is because they are legally obligated to have correct information in their files (another huge joke.)

I'm sure you can sense my disgust, and so I will stop now.

Message 9 of 681
Sdenisew
Regular Contributor

Goes to show where the consumers stand. [Insert a ton of profanity here]

01/30/09
TU-582
EX-507
01/25/09
EQ-504
As of 02/08/09 EQ-508

03/03/08
TU-599
EQ-511
Message 10 of 681
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.