cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

Well, I think the decision sucks, just like every other poster here...but I also realize me getting upset about it isn't going to change the fact that I won't be able to purchase that score soon.

I will buy a new CreditComplete package on the 12th or 13th, & then freeze my Experian report.  Almost no one pulls it here anyway, as I live in EQ land.  No big loss there.

Message 81 of 681
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

If I put on my foil hat, tilt my head to the right, and hum........... my thinking is that EX will offer huge discounts to lenders to pull from them vs. TU and EQ, thus making them itty bitty players in the cra fico arena. Will it end up that TU & EQ fico's end up being as worthless as FAKO scores if fewer lenders pull from these agencies?

I think it's time for a massive letter writing campaign to begin or we could all participate in a massive sit in at EX headquarters. Smiley Mad

This is truly ridiculous!

Message 82 of 681
Guardian
Valued Contributor

I think if their website crashes, servers go down, mailroom gets flooded, phone lines go dead, electricity stops flowing, and mysteriously their locks keep getting changed, they might just feel someone is out to get them Smiley Happy Just saying Smiley Happy it could happen Smiley Happy really it can Smiley Happy I swear, things go wrong all the time to no fault of anyone Smiley Happy

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 83 of 681
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Aw..that's my highest score and now I won't even be able to stalk it Smiley Surprised

You are one of the fortunate ones. You will be able to know your middle and lowest FICO scores. Your mystery Experian score won't hurt you since it should be higher than the scores that you are stalking.  Smiley Happy

Message 84 of 681
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

I'd say the obvious reason for this is: EX is the one CRA that's really pushing their own brand of FAKO score. Since most people don't know the difference between FICO and FAKO, I'm sure their commercials with the singing moron are making them a bunch of money. But those of us who do know that FAKOs are worthless aren't helping their bottom line, so they're cutting us off.

Message 85 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

IM NOT HAPPY WITH THIS WHY WOULD THIS BE ANYWAYS? IT SOUNDS TO ME THAT MYFICO'S SUCCES HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH EVERYTHING....COMPETITION YOU KNOW.

Message 86 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's unfortunate because we have less options at MyFico.com. However, I never was concerned with the Experian score. I have the Equifax and Transunion score and they are so similar, do we really need a third score?

Experian might as well just not make a FICO available to anyone (including lenders), we don't need 'em.

But as long as they are still around, I will just make sure my free annual credit report is right with them, I'm not giving them any money outside of MyFico.com. $0.00.

Message 87 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

We should be privilaged to the same information regarding our personal and financial lives that lenders are.   How are we to know when there are errors, and how do we fix the unknown errors before the errors have negative effects on our lives?  I have made credit mistakes in the past, and now I am correcting them, not for any other purpose than simply raising my score, not to obtain credit of any kind.  I depend on the 3 credit scores to monitor my progress.  We need legislation to prevent this.
Message 88 of 681
wilee
Contributor

hmmm...I wonder if Fair Isaac even allows CRA's to sell the FICO score to consumers. The article on credit.com has got my gears turning. Fair Isaac and Experian really need to get this hammered out.
Message 89 of 681
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

wilee wrote:
hmmm...I wonder if Fair Isaac even allows CRA's to sell the FICO score to consumers. The article on credit.com has got my gears turning. Fair Isaac and Experian really need to get this hammered out.

EQ sells a FICO score.
Message 90 of 681
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.