cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Feedback from the FICO Forums community

Ralbusta,

How was you able to "get rid of all the baddies" and jump almost 100 poits in 8 months?

That's AMAZING!

Message 671 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

There was a link in response to the last response.  I don't see it now.  Can you provide it again? 

750Lady

Message 672 of 681
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

I got my FICO score by trying for a home mortgage. If you know someone in real estate they are able to get the information.
Message 673 of 681
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

cjane1 wrote:
I got my FICO score by trying for a home mortgage. If you know someone in real estate they are able to get the information.

But that will result in a hard inquiry that may affect your credit score for 12 months, and will remain on your credit report for two years.

Message 674 of 681
wowchad
New Contributor

In my Sears (CITI) statement I got a suplement saying they are going to start offering monthly credit score access in late Oct.

Maybe they'll be Experian FICO's  Smiley Very Happy

Message 675 of 681
Woman
New Visitor

I am really up set that I am not able to get my 3rd credit score. This was not mention in the package when I purchased it. Had I known that I could have just done a individual purchase. I do think that is unfair and that there should be either a 15.95 refund or take it off the advertisement that this would be given.

Message 676 of 681
wowchad
New Contributor

Isn't it clear that Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO was to launch their huge FreeCrieditReport.com campaign?
Message 677 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Precisely...this is what I've been saying for some time.  Fair Isaac did a great job creating a mega $$$ industry of credit reporting, scoring models and selling services to consumers.  Frankly I'm surprised TransUnion an Equifax haven't pulled out by now.  This is all about money...BIG MONEY.  Imagine how much Fair Isaac makes in selling score models to financial services, insurance and all other organizations that do background/credit risk assessments.  If you were Experian wouldn't you want a piece of that?  Also please don't be naive enough to think Fair Isaac/MYFICO is the good guy here...they make HUGE money off the MYFICO community - at some time or another we all purchase their proucts.  Its a full lifecycle thing.  Fair Isaac, the credit reporting agencies push credit risk assessment models, the consumer is subject to their "score" for everything from home mortgages, automobiles, credit cars, installment loans, employment and insurance.  By keeping the "mystique" going, we're constantly interested in improving our credit so we join forums, get snagged in on the products offered and so it goes....

There's a great quote worth noting that I'll take a little liberty on..."If you're not a part of the solution, there's great money to be made promoting the problem"...  Don't drink too much of the Kool-Aid here folks...do what you need to do, use the info to better your position to achieve your goal and then get off the bus.  You're never going to win at this - the odds eclipse even Las Vegas!

Message 678 of 681
wowchad
New Contributor

You won't get your scores this way but you're entitled to a free report each year from each of the 3 CRA's so just pull one free report every 4 months from the different CRA and there's your identity theft right there...FREE!
Message 679 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

If we are no longer cutomers then how can they govern our credit. Is this a violation of our consumer rights. We shouldn't have to worry about them giving our information to a company. Something doesn't smell right about this!! So they can show or sell a lender our personal information, but we can't see it!!!!!! Someone please help me understand this logic!!!
Message 680 of 681
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.