cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

Did you get any replies?  That is my main question as well as my Experian score is 80 points higher than the others. 
Message 651 of 681
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

debtkiller wrote:
I am disappointed because that my Experian score is 80 points higher than my equifax score!  Now it is apparently worthless.   

Unless you got your Experian score from a lender, you don't have an Experian FICO score. Ignore it if that's the case.
Message 652 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just looking at my Discover bill and they have added a new tab for managing your finances and offer your Experian credit scores monthly for $7.99 per month.  Is this the same score we're talking about that is only available to banks and lenders? 

I also see that Bk of America has lowered my credit limit still again, without notification.  American Express has somehow increased my payment and finance charge amount and I don't see a corresponding increase in the interest rate.   Where else can I look on the bill to see what changed? 

750Lady

Message 653 of 681
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

750Lady wrote:

I was just looking at my Discover bill and they have added a new tab for managing your finances and offer your Experian credit scores monthly for $7.99 per month.  Is this the same score we're talking about that is only available to banks and lenders? 750Lady

I doubt it, but I will follow this up.

--I'm digging, but I can't find this page. Can you post back with the precise link?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 654 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to help, here is the info... 

It's called Credit ScoreTracker and the link is:  https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/creditscoreweb/cst/CSTSplash

These are the attributes: 

• Customized e-mail alerts that notify you of changes to your credit score
  • Easy to use score tracking tools that show how your score changes month to month
  • Unlimited access to your Experian® credit report and score so you can get it when you need it
  • Credit Score Illustrator tool to help you understand which factors can impact your score

750Lady

Message 655 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, the one provided by Discover is actually almost identical to CCT (also provided by experian) and it uses their plus score not a FICO score. Smiley Sad
Message 656 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please tell me what that means in English!  Thanks, 750Lady

Message 657 of 681
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If you're referring to Suzyquk's post, it means that the scores and reports that you're getting via Discover are also FAKO's. They look very similar to CreditCheckTotal, which is an Experian product.

At any rate, definitely not FICO's.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 658 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know which Company/Fico Score American Express (proper) uses when providing a free score?

I wonder if it's Experian or Fico?

Message 659 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know which Company/Fico Score American Express (proper) uses when providing a free score?

I wonder if it's Experian or Fico?

AmEx's CreditSecure monitoring offers Plus scores (Fako score developed by Experian) for all three CRAs, so I would presume that any other free score AmEx offers would be a Plus score also ...

Message 660 of 681
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.