Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 revolving account enough?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 revolving account enough?

I applied and got approved for a CJ card and just charged $46 on it, $1500 CL.

This will be my only revolving credit, will it be enough?

Message Edited by sidewinder on 04-08-2008 06:43 PM
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Re: 1 revolving account enough?

I don't think so, but that's me. I have a total of 3 new TL, because I had no revolving on all my CR that were open. I know fico likes mix, so with the CJ card I'm assuming this is a store card right? I'd add a visa or mc to the mix. I went the secured route for 2 and got an unsecured on the 3rd one.
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

sidewinder wrote:
I applied and got approved for a CJ card and just charged $46 on it, $1500 CL.

This will be my only revolving credit, will it be enough?

Remember that CJ does not report to EQ at all.  So you'll still have no revolving credit on EQ.

My experience: Adding my first three revolving acounts did wonders for my scores.  Each one after that hurt a little more than it helped (initially).

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found that 3-4 revolving accts with low utiliz, and at least 6 mos positive reporting had a very positive impact on scores..
Message 4 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

gatoravi8tor1 wrote:
I have found that 3-4 revolving accts with low utiliz, and at least 6 mos positive reporting had a very positive impact on scores..

Ditto. And to echo Cheddar, my first 3 CC's (2 revolving and 1 store charge) each bumped my score in a big way.
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses.

I am not sure if I'd get approved for any other cards with my scores and the remaining collections right now.

Maybe after I get the rest of my report cleaned up.
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

sidewinder wrote:

I am not sure if I'd get approved for any other cards with my scores and the remaining collections right now.

Do you or have you tried for B of A secued card?? This is a great card that will convert over to unsecured within 6-9 mos. I started out with them with $500.00 secured 5 yrs ago and that same card now has a 15K credit limit.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

gatoravi8tor1 wrote:

sidewinder wrote:

Do you or have you tried for B of A secued card?? This is a great card that will convert over to unsecured within 6-9 mos. I started out with them with $500.00 secured 5 yrs ago and that same card now has a 15K credit limit.

I haven't because I'm just not all that hopefull that I'd get it and want to keep inquiries down. Who do they pull, do you know?
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Florida and they have always pulled ex on me. After initial hard pull, all inquiries for CLI have been soft. Hope this helps.   I did a lot of research on secured cards, and found BofA to be one of the best.

Just start small, and always pay on time, let a small balance carry.  I would charge up to around 375.00 mo after a few mos of having the card and I would always pay approx 350.00 per mo before the card statement posting date.  this keeps reported utiliz at 10% which helps your score after 6 mos positive reporting.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a BoA checking and savings, if I get those, I'll apply for the secured card.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.