Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 year old and Lexis Nexis

tag
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

18 year old and Lexis Nexis

Ok so as many of you know (and have been helping me with) I have been trying to get this 18 year old kid some credit.... turns out it is much harder then when WE were 18 LOL

He is a student so we looked the discover Student card, WELLLLL they declined and said its because he has no history and i asked where, little poking and prodding and turns out there is nothing on LN??? soooo how does this kid get something on LN? like who reports there? who sends stuff there?

at first they called it "background" but again now I know what they meant by that...

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: 18 year old and Lexis Nexis

@Stugotsv10 wrote:

Ok so as many of you know (and have been helping me with) I have been trying to get this 18 year old kid some credit.... turns out it is much harder then when WE were 18 LOL

He is a student so we looked the discover Student card, WELLLLL they declined and said its because he has no history and i asked where, little poking and prodding and turns out there is nothing on LN??? soooo how does this kid get something on LN? like who reports there? who sends stuff there?

at first they called it "background" but again now I know what they meant by that...

OP, you were already explained why this kid needs to go with secure credit card or AU 

LN is a data aggregator for various industries,  and I would not expect 18 year old without credit history, property, insurance in his name etc to have anything on file. 

You've already racked inquiries, kid got denied for everything. 

At this point, his credit is being ruined without even having one.  You're achieving the exact opposite from helping him build. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/18-year-old-no-credit/m-p/5431683

Message 2 of 21
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

I understand that but why is a company like Discover asking for something to be on Lexis Nexis??? I have read of 50+ year old members HERE havng few items on there

Message 3 of 21
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

I also tried discover because I saw a post on this forum saying an 18 year old student (as he is one) got a Discover by submitted his school transcripts which I was  more then willing to do

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

In order to have a Lexus Nexis report one would need to have established various accounts that report to LN. As
Message 5 of 21
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

so 1 or 2 wouldn;t do it? 

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

They likely pulled LN after trying to pull conventional credit reports.
Message 7 of 21
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

ahhh ok and since they saw no score, they pull LN and also see nothing 

Message 8 of 21
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Stugotsv10 wrote:

ahhh ok and since they saw no score, they pull LN and also see nothing 

No surprise.  There has to be public data or certain types of non-public data like making a claim against a homeowners or auto insurance policy for LN or their affiliated aggregators to capture.   No data, no file. 

Things like having a traffic ticket, tax lien or other judgements, or owned property with or without a related mortgage will also be captured and added to your LN file.  Ultimately a copy of your death record will end up there as well. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 9 of 21
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

its weird that they asked an 18 year old basically "why" nothing was on it then LOL

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.