Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

19-Year OLD account scrolls off TU Report ☹

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

19-Year OLD account scrolls off TU Report ☹

So I am getting my monthly credit report today from the CREDIT.COM offer a month ago and I see my AoOA went from 19-years to 8-years!

Let me take a step back and say I used to see this one item on my report from JPMCB that I supposedly opened back in JAN 2001. I dont even recall having a CC back then, but it was helping my credit, I supposedly closed it in 2011, I paid it last SEPT 2010. Maybe it was a gas card? Maybe it was some checking OD protection? I don't know. I know JPMCB is CHASE, I have been with CHASE forever, so it had to be something I forgot.

I never got to thinking that this item, being it in good standing, was eventually going to scroll off. My fault, I was not into the credit game ever except the last 2-years or so, so I didnt care about such things.

So I am not worried that my credit score dropped somewhat:

TU F08: FROM 772 to 764

TU F09: FROM 771 to 761

What I am worried about is the AAoA - went from 37.24 months to 21.42 months! That is a 15+ month drop.

Now lenders are going to see  me as more of a risk...arrgh Smiley Mad

This is not good - or am I making more out of this then I should?

This JPMCB item is on my EQ too, but evidently it hasn't scrolled off that yet, but it will.

Wow, so those of you reading who are thinking of closing a CC with NO AF that has been with you forever, DON'T Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: 19-Year OLD account scrolls off TU Report ☹

That is unfortunate on losing the old account. Generally, ~10 years is the benchmark. Sometimes, it gets removed early or later.

Credit profile wise, I think you should be okay.
Message 2 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Sorry for your old acct. loss and score drop.

I have had a few old loans and CC accts. drop off over time.

Yes, it can be a little painful, but don't overthink it.

Nothing in the area of AA happened to me at the time.

"Wow, so those of you reading who are thinking of closing a CC with NO AF that has been with you forever, DON'T "

Very good adviceSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

So I am getting my monthly credit report today from the CREDIT.COM offer a month ago and I see my AoOA went from 19-years to 8-years!

Let me take a step back and say I used to see this one item on my report from JPMCB that I supposedly opened back in JAN 2001. I dont even recall having a CC back then, but it was helping my credit, I supposedly closed it in 2011, I paid it last SEPT 2010. Maybe it was a gas card? Maybe it was some checking OD protection? I don't know. I know JPMCB is CHASE, I have been with CHASE forever, so it had to be something I forgot.

I never got to thinking that this item, being it in good standing, was eventually going to scroll off. My fault, I was not into the credit game ever except the last 2-years or so, so I didnt care about such things.

So I am not worried that my credit score dropped somewhat:

TU F08: FROM 772 to 764

TU F09: FROM 771 to 761

What I am worried about is the AAoA - went from 37.24 months to 21.42 months! That is a 15+ month drop.

Now lenders are going to see  me as more of a risk...arrgh Smiley Mad

This is not good - or am I making more out of this then I should?

This JPMCB item is on my EQ too, but evidently it hasn't scrolled off that yet, but it will.

Wow, so those of you reading who are thinking of closing a CC with NO AF that has been with you forever, DON'T Smiley Happy

It's not the end of the world.

BTW there's no certainty that EQ will drop it too. They might just keep it around. You never know.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ouch that's a pretty big hit!

One positive though - you have bulked your profile up with so many accounts now that the drastic swings should be less likely to happen going forward. 

Time to garden for 16 months! Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 7
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ouch that's a pretty big hit!

One positive though - you have bulked your profile up with so many accounts now that the drastic swings should be less likely to happen going forward. 

Time to garden for 16 months! Smiley Surprised

7230-disappointed-face.png

Potential Future Cards
Message 6 of 7
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

The credit score really shouldn't have moved much. 8-9 years is actually around the point where AAoA stops doing anything for you in terms of the Fico8 score. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.