Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1B with old data

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1B with old data

I pulled a 1B On the 27th and it showed a balance on a particular account. On the 28th I attempted to pull a 1B and it would not allow me because it said it had been less than 24 hours. On the 29th I got my 1B and it shows that the account that had a balance on the EQ report dated the 27th had actually been updated to a zero balance on the 24th. ( Plus it added another balance to the report on the 29th making the report worthless for testing purposes.)What gives? When I pull an Equifax report it’s supposed to be real time data and here it is three days later and it still had not been updated. Was definitely not real time.

MF says they pull the data from EQ at the time of 1B so it’s not their fault. EQ says they can’t do anything about it, it must’ve been a glitch. They offered to do something about it until I told them two days later it was updated. So since it’s now accurate there’s nothing they can do. 😡 MF did reverse one of the two reports. Neither CR did anything for me since the first one had a balance it was not supposed to, and the second one had a different balance that had updated, shame the other wasn’t updated in real-time.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 1B with old data

Mentioned it on another thread but in case you or anyone else missed it:

Lenders tag their data update with a date of reporting, in this case the 24th; however, the bureaus aren’t anything remotely like real-time for balance updates.

When you pull a report from myFICO or anywhere else you get a snapshot of the data that actually has been inserted into your report at that explicit point in time; however, there is that interstitial time between when the lender reports and that data gets inserted, and that’s what you ran into.

Specifically that data which was tagged the 24th got inserted into your record sometime between the two pulls.

The alerts are pretty close to real time in my experience but it tracks inserted data, not precisely sent data.

        
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may have missed where you said that elsewhere. And it was definitely worth repeating and clarifying. Excellent information as always. However Experian showed the data on the 25th.

The interstitial time for Experian is typically less than three hours, however sometimes it does take up to 24 hours in my experience. But with TU and Equifax who knows. Both customer services agreed that within 72 hours it should be there. Keyword being “should.“
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my case, I find TU takes 7 to 10 calendar days ... the Tortoise moves faster but, is it really that life dependent?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not really Dinosaur, it just holds up our testing, we’re doing testing and it slows us down
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous... I laugh as I missed that and understand your desire for more prompt information so you can continue with testing! Am interested in your results too, I might add! Smiley Embarassed

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes sir we’re currently working on the line on EQ5. (Rev is guiding me.) I posted the thread. I’m waiting on an update, so I can pull, then I got a wait another cycle so I can get back to all zero and do another pull.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.