Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Hard Inquiry from car dealer.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Hard Inquiry from car dealer.

Hey guys
I signed as a CO signer on my wife’s car that she financed.
After a year I just paid attention that there is 2 hard inquiry from that dealership that I never was aware of they told me it will be only one.
One inquiry is Automotive and that is the dealership
And the other one is Finance and that from the credit place who gives me the loan.
Is that how it’s working? It’s ok?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 Hard Inquiry from car dealer.

If you only got 2 that's pretty good Smiley Very Happy    I have seen people with over 70 hits from a Dealership before YIKES!!

Message 2 of 13
RSX
Valued Contributor

I have always received the double hit.  Dealer and FS company

they are supposed to be counted as 1 by the underwriters.  

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 3 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is common and acceptable.

When you initiate any request for credit by applying, that becomes a permissible purpose for parties involved in the application for credit to obtain and use your credit report.

Each inquiry that is filled by a CRA will still show in your credit report.

However, for scoring purposes, they are treated in the scoring algorithms as only a single inquiry, and then only for a period of one year.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I bought my car four years ago, I had thirteen hits on my credit. Not doing that again! I will shop for car loan first. I had no idea that would happen. I am a much more informed car buyer now. Sorry that happened to you.

Message 5 of 13
Mv350
Valued Contributor

I had this happen to me last year when I purchased my car, 14 HP from them. They are 11 months old right now. Hopefully not scorable starting next month.

Last time I ever give the ok for the dealer to pull anything. I'll walk in with a pre approval next time.
Message 6 of 13
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

It's usually a month AFTER the 12 months so if November they are 12 then December you should be sitting a LOT better Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 13
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Musiclover YES this is something I wish a lot LOT more people knew about to get financing BEFORE so they Don't run a bunch of times OR to ASK THEM to only run it X amount of times and get that SIGNED stating that....people don't know you can ask a dealership hey I dont' want my credit run more than X times....as long as you get it written/signed they can't go over that Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
OmarR
Established Contributor

I would also think that the lower the credit score, the more HP's will exist.

Since the dealer is throwing out a shopper's profile out to as many finance companies as it can to see what sticks and gets approved.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 9 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Look at it this way. Less HP's than applying for a Cap One card. Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.