Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Yr Old Ex Inquiry - When Removed

tag
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

2 Yr Old Ex Inquiry - When Removed

Hi

I have 2 EX inquires dated 2 yrs ago today, 10/6/2008.

I know for TU, they will no longer show as 2 year old inquiries on the CR already tomorrow but EX is different.

For EX, will they  fall off the report on 11/30 (at month end following inquiry) or on 11/7 one month after the 10/6 inquiry.  I believe 1 of these 2 reasons is correct but I don't remember which one.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2 Yr Old Ex Inquiry - When Removed

@Scuba wrote:

Hi

I know for TU, they will no longer show as 2 year old inquiries on the CR already tomorrow but EX is different.

For EX, will they  fall off the report on 11/30 (at month end following inquiry) or on 11/7 one month after the 10/6 inquiry.  I believe 1 of these 2 reasons is correct but I don't remember which one.

IME they will be gone by the end of October but YMMV.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Scuba wrote:

Hi

IME they will be gone by the end of October but YMMV.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

I agree with this. I had one dated 9/25/08 and it disappeared on October 4th. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scuba wrote:

Hi

EX will delete the INQ during the first week of the month following the two-year anniversary.

If you phone in, though, they generally will delete them earlier (but not before the two-year date).

Message 4 of 7
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, that is the level of detail I was looking for.

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FICO stopped scoring it at one year after the inq date.

So the only impact of its continued inclusion, which should terminate after two years, is if a creditor does a manual review of your CR.

FICO impact has been gone for a year.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha I didn't know that fico stopped scoring after the first year wow I keep learning new things everyday Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.