cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21st Mtg OPEN acct was removed from TU after I disputed a late pay - how do I get the acct back

tag
Brody700

21st Mtg OPEN acct was removed from TU after I disputed a late pay - how do I get the acct back

I recently disputed a 30 day late payment from 2019 with TransUnion.  They removed the entire account instead of the late payment.  This is an open acct - how do I get it to re- report to TU?  Will it automatically re report?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
House2021
Established Contributor

Re: 21st Mtg OPEN acct was removed from TU after I disputed a late pay - how do I get the acct back

I would call them, but seeing as you had a mortgage late possibly bringing your score down, it might even be better to have it off your report. It's funny, they're deleting accurate information from your report yet I'm struggling to get inaccurate information deleted, 

Message 2 of 5
hdporter
Regular Contributor

Re: 21st Mtg OPEN acct was removed from TU after I disputed a late pay - how do I get the acct back

It's most likely that the creditor never responded to the dispute.  In that circumstance, the CRA is required to remove the tradeline as "unverified".

If this is an account in active repayment, then it may reappear when next reported, with the delinquency intact.  It's important to understand that a CRA is generally permitted to report any credit information that a creditor affirms as accurate.  If you want to  correct an inaccuracy, the most expedient means it typically through the reporter themselves.

Message 3 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Brody700 wrote:

I recently disputed a 30 day late payment from 2019 with TransUnion.  They removed the entire account instead of the late payment.  This is an open acct - how do I get it to re- report to TU?  Will it automatically re report?

It might, but if it does, late will be there. 

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did the CRA actually send a Notice of Results of Reinvestigation stating that they (the CRA) deleted the account due to lack of verification?

That is not the likely outcome of a dispute directed at the accuracy on only one item reported under the account.

It is more likely that the creditor, for some reason, after being notified by the CRA of the dispute, chose to report deletion to the CRA, which then dismisses the current dispute and obviates future disputes of anything under the account.

Unless you have a Notice of REsults of REinvestigation that clearly states the CRA removed for lack of verification, it is more likely that deletion was a voluntary and separate reporting by the creditor.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.