Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

27 days late, submitted payment today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

27 days late, submitted payment today

I have a student loan out with LendKey and my account is 27 days overdue. I submitted my due payment in full today online, but it takes typically 3 business days to process and reflect on my account. I can't even call this lender because they are closed on weekends. When it is "processed", it may show as 30 days past due but I technically paid it on the 27th day. Will lenders typically honor that I paid today, the day it was submitted, versus the day it fully processes? I'm worried about them reporting to the credit bureau.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: 27 days late, submitted payment today

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a student loan out with LendKey and my account is 27 days overdue. I submitted my due payment in full today online, but it takes typically 3 business days to process and reflect on my account. I can't even call this lender because they are closed on weekends. When it is "processed", it may show as 30 days past due but I technically paid it on the 27th day. Will lenders typically honor that I paid today, the day it was submitted, versus the day it fully processes? I'm worried about them reporting to the credit bureau.

Look at your previous payments and see if they credited your account on the date  you made a payment  or the day payment posted. 

Also, there might be a specific language that excludes weekends or payments made after certain time, so maybe look on their website and see if there is any clarification in terms of how payments are posted and credited 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.