Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd DV letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2nd DV letter

I guess I should ask what should I say in my complaints to the AG offices and the FTC? Also anyone know of a good lawyer in Illinois that can help me?
Message 11 of 20
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

It seems they purchased both our accounts in 2005, and just lied. I knew they were shady but the more I learn the more my tummy aches. And to think Experian "verified" this, sure they did. You know after reading all that you've found I'm just going to start legal proceedings, it may be a waste or time consuming but how shadier can you get!

Oh and as far as what I told the FTC and Florida's AG. I basically put in that their corp wasn't active (it's an LLC), that they aren't licensed to collect (got that info from one of the links you provided via PM), and that they are a JDB who is falsifying records to keep old items on my CR. I also told them that I have proof of all of this if they need copies of my loan documents, etc. Also of the settlement, but the major points were they were inactive and not licensed in their state. I haven't checked if they're licensed in NY yet to collect. The thing is this company has NEVER sent me any correspondence, they just have it on my CR. I have never received a letter, not even when I called them, and they have yet to respond to my 1st DV. I just don't trust this company who is to say they won't lie on any so called proof. These type of shady people are savvy, thus why I think filing suit, and informing the FTC and FL and your state AG involved is the best route.

I need to find where I find it he's licensed in NY. I guess just call the licensing department for NY?
Message 12 of 20
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Oh and let me add that the finance company yours is under is more than likely the one they used to pull my CR back in August, just crazy what they're doing!

I'm wondering if we should send all this info to Experian too? Is this only on your EXP report or others? Just curious to see which he was able to get stick. It's not on my TU or EQ, someone was awake in their offices.
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive had a busy busy morningSmiley Very HappyTo start, I called FL's Ag office and filed a complaint that they are not licensed in either state and their LLC staus is inactive and never contacted about debt prior to reporting. The lady I spoke with gave me more numbers of agencies in FL to report to so I contacted all of them also and filed complaints.(Agriculture and consumer services, BBB, Financial regulations, and division of the corporations or something along those lines). I contacted Illinois AG who sent me to the division of professional regulations to file complaint. I called the FTC and filed a complaint by phone stating that the ca was not licensed for debt collecting in either state, inactive status of LLC, and never being contacted by the collector prior to them reporting. Finally, after all those, I called a law firm in Chicago to find out what legal avenues I can take next. I am prepared for this little shadey man. Smiley Wink
Message 14 of 20
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Perfect! I did half of that today, I had to spend the other half studying. This is so time consuming, and just a waste of real time. On a good note I did get my credit card in the mail to start rebuilding yahooo!

He's not going to know what hit him when we're done with him! Oh and I found 3 more people from that idea I spoke with you about on PM, that have the SAME exact issues with this JDB as we do. All from 1998 and all reported since 2005, how crazy. Oh and he never responded to their DV either, and never sent any correspondence regarding the debt. I have instructed all of them to do what we're doing.
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

GO GET 'EM!!!!

Yes it is time consuming - but it is REWARDING
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was contacted today by the IL professional regulations department and was confirmed that he is not registered as a CA at all for collecting in IL or a financial institution for loaning in IL per law. They are sending me further documents to advance the complaint.  Thats one for the good guysSmiley Very Happy
Message 17 of 20
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

I received info back from the FL AG via email telling to file a complaint with some department in FL that handles financial collections etc. I printed the form it has to be notorized. I also heard back from the FTC, just haven't had time to look it over. I am going to print their response and keep at it. I did however contact NY AG etc.
Message 18 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It is truly a pain in the @ss to follow every last procedure, but if you ever have to go up before a judge, you will need to be able to show that you faithfully followed every stinking procedure. Good luck!

"The wheels of God grind slow, but exceedingly fine."
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 20
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Oh I agree, I finally finished everything today. The FTC basically told me they're investigating in a long winded round about way lol. It was the longest letter I have ever received in an e-mail lol. I can't wait to get rid of this JDB I think I will treat everyone to a virtual drink when I do lol.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.