cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 lates from 2016 removed how will this change my credit.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 lates from 2016 removed how will this change my credit.

I had 3 late payments on an installment loan Feb, March and April was reported 30 days late. The bank and now went back and corrected this due to their error and its now reporting as current. Does any one have an idea of what i might expect to happen to my score? This is for transunion only, they reported it correctly on my experian report 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3 lates from 2016 removed how will this change my credit.

We don't know enough about your profile to give a solid answer here.  Do you have any other late payments on your file?  If so, the improvement may not be significant.  If not, you could see a nice bump.

How much higher is your EX score than your TU score?  Assuming the other information is identical between the reports outside of the incorrectly reported late payments, I guess you could anticipate your TU score rising roughly to around where the EX score is, +/- 10 points or so.

Message 2 of 4
silkysean
Regular Contributor

Without knowing your profile I will assume if you have no other Degrogs or late payment you should see anywhere from a 10-25 point increase.Now if other negative info then gain will next t nothing.Assuming you had higher scores before lates I would say you should get back same scores.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@silkysean wrote:

Without knowing your profile I will assume if you have no other Degrogs or late payment you should see anywhere from a 10-25 point increase.Now if other negative info then gain will next t nothing.Assuming you had higher scores before lates I would say you should get back same scores.

There is no way without knowing a lot more about his file if he'd gain 10-25 points.  For example, if his AAoA is < 1 year verses an AAoA of 10 years there would be a significant difference on how those profiles reacted to the addition or deletion of isolated late payments.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.