Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 payments, all rejected; bank says didn't reject anything

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 payments, all rejected; bank says didn't reject anything

i have 2 credit card payments due on the 15th of each month, one from FIA and one from Chase.  i have a car payment due on the 1st of every month that is with BofA.  both BofA and Chase are auto-payments.  FIA is not, but I always make the payment on time, just as I did this month.

today i got the first call from ANY institution (FIA) saying my payment is 5 days late and my account has been closed.  i called all 3 institutions to find the same story: they tried to make the transaction and WF (my bank) said my account is closed.  i called WF and they said my account is in good standing and no institutions have attempted a withdrawal.

so basically i have no idea what's going on, and no one is providing me any answers.  because today is a holiday, no institution can confirm my checking/routing numbers match with WF.  all institutions (except WF) have said they have closed my accounts and reported this to the credit bureau's.  why no institution at all called me prior to doing any of this is completely baffling.  **bleep**?

the only thing i can think is that going into 2013 WF changed my routing number (which they said they did not do) or all the other institutions changed my routing number/checking account number.  does anyone know what i need to do, and can my credit score be repaired now?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: 3 payments, all rejected; bank says didn't reject anything

Prime issue for a dispute over billing under the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA), which permits a consumer to dispute billing issues with the credtior, and compels production of documentation as part of the dispute process

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

so what do i need to do?  literally every credit account is blaming WF and WF is blaming the credit accounts.  no one is willing to offer any resolution, and unless the two parties begin to communicate with each other, i don't know what i can personally do.

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The FTC web site provides a concise overview of disputing billing issues under the FCBA.

Message 4 of 7
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

I havent been paying much attention to CC's and banks lately, but wasnt or possibly still is, FIA owned by BOA?

If you pay through your checking account online, your bank should have record of when you set the deliver by date.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 5 of 7
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i have 2 credit card payments due on the 15th of each month, one from FIA and one from Chase.  i have a car payment due on the 1st of every month that is with BofA.  both BofA and Chase are auto-payments.  FIA is not, but I always make the payment on time, just as I did this month.

today i got the first call from ANY institution (FIA) saying my payment is 5 days late and my account has been closed.  i called all 3 institutions to find the same story: they tried to make the transaction and WF (my bank) said my account is closed.  i called WF and they said my account is in good standing and no institutions have attempted a withdrawal.

so basically i have no idea what's going on, and no one is providing me any answers.  because today is a holiday, no institution can confirm my checking/routing numbers match with WF.  all institutions (except WF) have said they have closed my accounts and reported this to the credit bureau's.  why no institution at all called me prior to doing any of this is completely baffling.  **bleep**?

the only thing i can think is that going into 2013 WF changed my routing number (which they said they did not do) or all the other institutions changed my routing number/checking account number.  does anyone know what i need to do, and can my credit score be repaired now?

You need to check your Bank Account # and Routing # you used for the auto payments on CC's  and make sure it matches your correct WF Bank info.

Sounds to me like the numbers may not match!!!!!

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 6 of 7
GregB
Valued Contributor

The two CC accounts that were paid on the 15th should have showed "in-process" on the 15th and "paid" on the 16th. If they are done through the CC accounts, they should have shown "cleared" in your online statement with your bank on the 16th.

If you didn't check on the CC on the 15th, you should have seen the problem at WF on the 16th. Either way, you should have called them before they called you. It would have looked a lot better if you were talking to both of them on the 16th. I have had BofA issues with their systems due to merging different systems several times. They have always been fantastic in getting it straightened out.

I do think the problem is with WF since that is the common factor in all three. BofA and FIA could be the same issue but Chase surely has to be very, very separate from them. How about: Do a quick test pay to a CC out of the WF account, re-entering that account info and see if it goes through.

Chase is bad, BofA can be worse, WF could be the worst.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.