Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 Day Late Unexpectedly Dropped from Transunion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 Day Late Unexpectedly Dropped from Transunion

I haven’t seen this posted anywhere, but I got an alert on November 6th that a 30 day late on a US Bank credit card from September 2015 fell off my TU report. Score jumped 29 points!

But, EX and EQ are both still showing the late payment, should I expect this to be updated there as well? Or is this some special TU rule? This has been my only negative ever reported, be nice to get it cleared early!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Re: 30 Day Late Unexpectedly Dropped from Transunion

If you didn't dispute, request it (beg for it) to be removed or found to be inaccurate then you're lucky and not sure why TU removed so early.  Lates normally remain 7 years with the possibility that TU may remove 6 months early, EX 3 months early and EQ 1 month early.

If you did dispute, request it be removed or USBank found it to be an error than you would want to request the same from EQ and EX.  Otherwise I wouldn't expect it be removed until 2022 nor do they have to remove unless you can prove it is wrong or USBank found it to be an error.  I wouldn't poke the bear if you know its a valid late and count it a blessing.  But if its not valid then take action with EQ and EX.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 2 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was a valid late and I have not requested the removal. Just curious why the early removal, and only on TU. If for some reason the bank decided to remove this is there a reason that EQ and EX arent reporting? I don't use the card at all and I have read that EX in particular won't update without another trigger? 

Message 4 of 6
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Was a valid late and I have not requested the removal. Just curious why the early removal, and only on TU. If for some reason the bank decided to remove this is there a reason that EQ and EX arent reporting? I don't use the card at all and I have read that EX in particular won't update without another trigger? 

This reminds me of a thread earlier this year where someone re-opened an account with a lender but the account had some derogs attached to it, like lates or something like that. I can't remember the exact details, but it was pretty simple.

They had a BK. Somehow one of the lenders offered to open the account back to them for whatever reason, they got very lucky. When the account started reporting as open and active, the lates (I _think_ it was lates) weren't reported on one bureau.

The person sat on it for a few days, not sure what to do. Then they reached out to the lender and informed them, with the hope of it getting reported to the other two.

Instead the lender fixed it and reported it correctly, however he did still get to keep the account.

I would suggest leaving it alone, it _may_ update on the other to bureaus and you may get further good fortune. Or you may not. And it could also turn out next month that it gets reversed and fixed. We're gonna have to wait and see.

I suggest doing nothing but keep an eye on it. Esp. don't reach out to anyone, out of sight out of mind

/edit

I didn't participate in the thread, just kept up with it. Idk where to start concerning finding it. But I got the gist of it across to you.

I felt terrible for the guy. It was a real bummer when they reversed it.

Message 5 of 6
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The answer sounds like good luck to me.

This statement made me realize you're referencing alerts, although you did state it originally.  Alerts can't always be counted to show up or be timely.  

If you know it is valid, then there's no question of whether it was an error by US Bank, it was a blessing and would require the same blessing for EQ and EX to remove.  There is no known reason TU should have removed, especially that early.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.