cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30d late reported on closed auto lease for after close fees! Legal? any way I can get it removed?

Highlighted

30d late reported on closed auto lease for after close fees! Legal? any way I can get it removed?

Thank you for reviewing my message.  I had a lease with Honda finance for three years.  I made my payments on time for all three years.  I turned the car in early under miles.  I asked the individual at the time if there was anything I owed. I was told no.  Fast forward two months later I start getting calls which I thought were solicitations and did not respond. I never got any mail because as it turns out they never updated my address in the billing section of their records only in the section that speaks to where my car is "garaged".  They are claiming this does not matter because I selected email as preferred method of contact.   I am in the middle of refinancing my home and in the interest of not exceeding DTI I was holding off on releasing a vehicle.  In a review of my credit report I see that they have reported me as being "not more than 60 days late" to the beaurea.  I investigate and find that the issue is that they assessed me a fee for not renewing a new lease with them.  Which I knew of but assumed it was written into the lease payment itself.  Anyway once realizing that it was not, and that the fee was still owed I paid it in full.  The credit bureau shows 100 percent of payments made on time, paid as agreed but still says not more than 60 days late...which knocked my score between 40 and 50 points.  Honda refuses to take the late "payment" off which I do not understand since the payments were all made on time and this is an after the fact fee they added on once the account was closed.  Anyway looking for any help, wondering if there is any recourse I have.  My refinance on my home is getting closer and now this looks to be the only thing standing in my way.  I just get so frustrated with the fact that there are more protections it seems for businesses than consumers.....

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.