Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40 yrs old & 1 CC(!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 40 yrs old & 1 CC(!)

@Save-n-Invest Thank you for clarifying that.

Yes, posters here have given me some great leads Smiley Happy I think my 2nd card will be BOA Cash Rewards and I have about 6 others options, it seem, for my eventual 3rd card.

I guess I can post here again, when I'm ready Smiley Happy

Thank you for all your help!!

Message 61 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay! Got approved for the BOA Cash Rewards within seconds! 2k limit, but hey, baby steps, right?

Do they automatically CLI after a certain amount of time, or I'd call in?

Message 62 of 76
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yay! Got approved for the BOA Cash Rewards within seconds! 2k limit, but hey, baby steps, right?

Congrats and wait 6 months before reuqesting show some good spend and good payment history and you will have a higher SL in no time

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 50K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K
@ 1.74
Message 63 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your BofA Cash Rewards approval.

You can request a credit limit increase every 90 days from the date of the last approval or increase.  So three months from now you can ask for your first increase and it will be a soft pull based on your TransUnion credit report.

In about two months time you will see a hyperlink saying "request a credit limit increase" in your online account; BofA usually adds it about a month before you're actually eligible (its actually added after the second statement cuts) but if you use it to ask for a CLI and 90 days haven't elapsed you will be denied.

Message 64 of 76
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!! 

Very well done. Enjoy your cards and cash back rewards. Smiley Happy

Message 65 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Save-n-Invest 

Thank you!!

Card just arrived in the mail, and with it was my Exp score..835. I'm happily shocked it's so high (I mean I hope it's high Smiley Very Happy not sure what the range is, going to google  but I guess I assumed it went up to 850). 

All I've had to go by before this was my FICO score with my Discover It, pulling from TU (720). Is there usually such a large discrepancy with Exp vs. TU?

Also, I know I can get my credit reports 1x a year for free, but do they come with scores or I need to get that separately (and if so, how)?

Message 66 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm, I just posted a reply (and question, because I just found out my Exp score was 835(!?) and wondered why there was such a discrepancy between that and the FICO pulling from TU (720), that I saw on my Discover app..

Then I got a message that my post was waiting for a moderator? Is that common?

Message 67 of 76
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmmm, I just posted a reply (and question, because I just found out my Exp score was 835(!?) and wondered why there was such a discrepancy between that and the FICO pulling from TU (720), that I saw on my Discover app..

Then I got a message that my post was waiting for a moderator? Is that common?

Never heard of such, we dont approve anything, the only thing we can do is restore a post that has been removed by the auto spam filter if its deemed to be a valid one and not actually spam.

Message 68 of 76
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Save-n-Invest 

Thank you!!

Card just arrived in the mail, and with it was my Exp score..835. I'm happily shocked it's so high (I mean I hope it's high Smiley Very Happy not sure what the range is, going to google  but I guess I assumed it went up to 850). 

All I've had to go by before this was my FICO score with my Discover It, pulling from TU (720). Is there usually such a large discrepancy with Exp vs. TU?

Also, I know I can get my credit reports 1x a year for free, but do they come with scores or I need to get that separately (and if so, how)?

Your score is considered excellent credit. Congrats!! My Discover TU is ususally a little lower than Exp from Amex. Scores are a snapshot in time. Discover may have pulled the score at a different time than BOA. That is more of a difference than I usually see.

The annual credit reports are free but there is a charge for the score. The last tiem I did the free report there was an option to purchase scores. I just use the scores I get free from Amex, Disco and Citi. Citi is a bankcard score. I only have cards so that works for me. 

Congrats again!! Great job. Smiley Happy

Message 69 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 

Gotcha. Thank you for clarifying. I'm not sure what it was, but I see the post is now showing up. 

Message 70 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.