Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40 yrs old & 1 CC(!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 40 yrs old & 1 CC(!)

@Save-n-Invest  My Discover TU has been at 720 the past 2 months (and maybe 715 the month before that, so it's been around the same score the past 3 months). BOA just pulled the score from Exp last week. I guess I'm confused and want to make sure it's a real score

bec I haven't done anything different to make my score jump over 100 pts in so short a time. I have nothing that fell off my account or anything like that, so I'm a bit wary (I feel like this is too good to be true). 

In terms of CR vs. credit scores, thank you for clarifying.

How often do  most people check their scores, so they see what ballpark number they're in?

Which place is the most affordable to check all 3 (well I have the Discover It chrome which shows me TU every month. I think this new BOA Cash Rewards card shows TU too, on the BOA app..thing is, BOA hard pulls your score from Exp when you apply for the card. So I think I'm confused again 😂 Do they use TU or Exp?).

Message 71 of 76
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous  $1 you can obtain your 3 bureau FICO 8 scores and reports at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 day or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat as needed.

AnnualCreditReport. Free weekly 3 bureau online reports through April 2021.

Free credit reports (disregard the VantageScore 3.0 score) at:
Credit Karma for weekly TU and EQ reports.
WalletHub for daily TU report.

Message 72 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero Ty.

Also, the BOA cash rewards has been nice and easy so far (in terms of keeping  up with a 2nd card now. Paying through the app that's already on my phone makes it easy).

Message 73 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

-

Message 74 of 76
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous .You are welcome.

The cash rewards is a great card for it's selectable categories.

Message 75 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

I realized both my Disco and this new BOA close and cycle on the same dates :/   I'd like change the BOA to a different date (they allow 1 change per year).   Should I assume I stagger it exactly 2 weeks after the Disco closes, so I can always have one to spend on while the other is dormant for a bit? I'm trying to do AZEO (although I know that's better with 3 cards, I'm sticking to 2 for now Smiley Happy ).    Or is there a better way to do it?   I know, I know 'it's only 2 cards,'  but it's COMPLETELY new for me, so want to make sure I'm thinking this through correctly. 

Message 76 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.