Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

44 points on TU and 45 on EQ increase Vantage 3.0

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

44 points on TU and 45 on EQ increase Vantage 3.0

Just checked CK scores in the middle of the night. I am surprised with the score bump of 40+ points looks like my 500 $ auto CLI reported from Chase did this magic. Wonder what will happen when my 1900$ SP CLI from BOA reports! **Excited and fingers crossed*

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 44 points on TU and 45 on EQ increase Vantage 3.0

Unfortunately those vantage scores don't do much for you. Very few, if any lenders use vantage to make lending decisions. Credit Karma is essentially a marketing tool used to sell you new credit cards. It is very good for checking reporting dates and dates that new accounts were opened, but the scores themselves hold little weight.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 44 points on TU and 45 on EQ increase Vantage 3.0

@Anonymous wrote:
Unfortunately those vantage scores don't do much for you. Very few, if any lenders use vantage to make lending decisions. Credit Karma is essentially a marketing tool used to sell you new credit cards. It is very good for checking reporting dates and dates that new accounts were opened, but the scores themselves hold little weight.

True story, however, I was just using them as my ref score. I recently was able to access my first fico scores via Discover Scorecard so My Fico was at 700+ whereas Vantage was at 680's So it was nice to see all the scores lining up in the same range and nothing more. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.