cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5/3 told me that their Identity Theft Protection offers 3 FICOs each month??? Yeah right.

tag
beb86
Valued Contributor

5/3 told me that their Identity Theft Protection offers 3 FICOs each month??? Yeah right.

So im in the process of closing my chase checking acct and opening an acct at 5/3 since that is who services my mortgage. Not to mention if I get the homeowners credit card it can save on my mortgage principle. 

While I was in there today the lady asked if I had credit protection and of course started to tell her all about myFICO....she said the offer a service which is basically lifelock but cheaper and it provides you if there are any changes in your CRs and a monthly score from all three CRAs and a sim....blah blah blah...

I asked her if those were FICO scores since there are only a few places to get your actual FICOs, and she told me the absolutely were FICOs..uhh no that's a lie, I began to politely school her on scoring and the different type of FICO scores out there and so on and so forth. 

She still swore that the were actual FICO score and gave me the packet. Of course the are NOT FICO score but rather CreditXpert. Its only $6 bucks a month so the monitoring of the 3 CRAs may be useful. 

Was anyone had experience with CreditXpert? 

Anyone else with a 5/3 checking acct beware what the try and sell you since, (no suspires) the bankers are not really informed enough to give you all the details.

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
compassion101
Established Contributor

Re: 5/3 told me that their Identity Theft Protection offers 3 FICOs each month??? Yeah right.

I doubt she knows she is incorrect. She probably thinks she is correct and her boss insists it to her, so it mst be true. It's how all the corporations sell info these days.

Message 2 of 4
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: 5/3 told me that their Identity Theft Protection offers 3 FICOs each month??? Yeah right.

Haha yeah I asked her if the use the TU98, TU04, or the TU08, or if the EQ was the Beacon 5.0 or if the EX was the FICO ll. She said " No we use FICOs" haha.

Message 3 of 4
Cageym
Established Contributor

Anytime someone tries to sell me something with a pitch like "basically the same but cheaper" it makes me want to laugh.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.